JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shocker I know, but Cali politicians have yet again figured out another way to crush firearms owners. This time with legislation:
"(b) It is the intent of the Legislature in enacting this act to further restrict the marketing and advertising of firearms to minors."
The law specifically stating:
(a) (1) A firearm industry member shall not advertise, market, or arrange for placement of an advertising or marketing communication concerning any firearm-related product in a manner that is designed, intended, or reasonably appears to be attractive to minors.
Well guess what that means to the California Clay Target League for high school shooters? Yup, gone. Since they, of course, specifically target firearms related communications to minors (um, those who shoot in the league), they face $25,000 fines per occurrence. I wonder if the Boy Scouts (I still call them that) have thought about this yet since I'm sure some evil Cali power hungry progressive prosecutor or politician would love to sink their teeth into the scout's bank accounts.

Article link HERE

Yet another reason why we are living a different country from the one I grew up in.

Ironic...
Since that these types of bills and laws are promoted in the name of safety....

One way to help in preventing firearm accidents , is by teaching safe firearm handling.
And since many youngsters are interested in firearms ...
It seems to me at least , the best time to teach someone , is when they are interested.
Andy

When I was in the California Air National Guard in late 90s, we were somewhere around Lake Arrowhead and we saw about 20 young Boy Scouts or possibly summer campers at a range in the hills shooting 22 rifles. I was surprised then but one of our guys knew about it. In the city we never had programs like that.

Anyway, if anyone is marketing guns to minors it's Hollywood and the Left, showing how to resolve problems in violence. For every Gilette commercial showing how males act in their minds, where is the commercial, video game or movie showing how boys usually resolve issues? Either stay away from guys you don't like or brokering a deal. Look, you do this and I'll do that and let's keep it pushing.

@WillametteWill , here in Oregon we cannot even seem to get the superiors at our local gun range to open back up the practice range for our jr club. The junior clubs are easy pickings for politicians if the range operators won't even do what's necessary to keep them open. You and I are members at the same range, my daughter is heavily into the Jr rifle club and we are not sure if there even is a club anymore. The case linked form CA is going to become more and more prevalent if we as responsible firearm users can't even come to realize how important the next generations really are. Even the politicians are smarter than us, LOL.

@WillametteWill , here in Oregon we cannot even seem to get the superiors at our local gun range to open back up the practice range for our jr club. The junior clubs are easy pickings for politicians if the range operators won't even do what's necessary to keep them open. You and I are members at the same range, my daughter is heavily into the Jr rifle club and we are not sure if there even is a club anymore. The case linked form CA is going to become more and more prevalent if we as responsible firearm users can't even come to realize how important the next generations really are. Even the politicians are smarter than us, LOL.
Sadly, you are correct. And we are still working on the other jr. program, but agree...should not be so difficult.

Sadly, you are correct. And we are still working on the other jr. program, but agree...should not be so difficult.
I didn't mean to derail your thread, just adding my personal more local input. As per our PM convo I'm optimistic for this year. My daughter wants to place higher than 3rd in the nation this season. Let's hope that this type of rule doesn't come here to OR any time soon.

It really is utter stupiity. As @Andy54Hawken was saying... the time to teach is when they are interested. And I'll add, as young as they are capable of understanding direction and reliably demonstrating what they learn.

Leaving firearms as this great taboo mystery to fester within their curious minds is a recipe for disaster. It's not as if it hasn't been proven many times over... the best way to peak a persons interest in something is to tell them they can't have it. 🤣

No doubt, their intent is to deny them access when they are young with the hope that the interest diminishes and they never opt to exercise their rights when they are older. Yeah.... right!!

So what if a child appears in an advert? It's not as if they can go run out and buy one with their lunch money. As a father who wants his children to show interest and give their full attention to what they are taught, I got no problem with firearm mfg's showing them it's perfectly natural... or to have other kids they look up to in the competitve shooting world. Heck.... my daughter wasn't especially excited about shooting until she saw some of the color options. She perked RIGHT up after she saw she could paint hers purple and pink, too.😜 It never occured to me to mention "colors", but once she saw one she was all in!

Leaving firearms as this great taboo mystery to fester within their curious minds is a recipe for disaster. It's not as if it hasn't been proven many times over... the best way to peak a persons interest in something is to tell them they can't have it. 🤣
It's like sex education, right? Should be out in the open. Have the mechanics of it all taught at an appropriate age. Right? Oh wait.
SNAP!

Perhaps the intent was to?

1660234960157.png

Yeah.....build teamwork. Not idividuality.

Aloha, Mark

It really is utter stupiity.

I'm sure there's a good dose of stupid at work - but I think there's also a very deliberate and well thought-out plan to disarm the citizenry of the USA.

If they're even partially successful at keeping young folks from developing an interest in firearms, then with each generation the country will become weaker.

Some of our enemies have very long-term strategies for destroying the US. I'd say at this point it looks like they're winning.

Hopefully, we can start to turn things around.

I'm sure there's a good dose of stupid at work - but I think there's also a very deliberate and well thought-out plan to disarm the citizenry of the USA.

If they're even partially successful at keeping young folks from developing an interest in firearms, then with each generation the country will become weaker.

Some of our enemies have very long-term strategies for destroying the US. I'd say at this point it looks like they're winning.

Hopefully, we can start to turn things around.
My thoughts are very similar, sad but true statement here.

SAF's lawsuit press release:

"While the law prohibits pro-gun advertising and display, the suit notes, "AB 2571 does not, however, prohibit anti-gun organizations not 'formed for the express purpose of promoting, encouraging, or advocating for the purchase, use, or ownership of firearm-related products,' like Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, Gun Free Kids, and Everytown for Gun Safety, from offering and soliciting youth memberships or using branded merchandise, like hats, t-shirts, stuffed animals, coloring and activity books, stickers, pins, and buttons, bearing anti-gun messages and slogans—or even images of unlawful firearms—to spread their political messages, promote their organizations, or solicit memberships and/or financial support."

"It's clearly a double standard codified into law that cannot be allowed to stand," Gottlieb said. "We're determined to see that it doesn't."

Damn skippy!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads