JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
California Cities Are Free to Regulate Gun Stores Out of Existence

California Cities Are Free to Regulate Gun Stores Out of Existence
More Second Amendment setbacks in the Golden State when the Supreme Court declines to take a case about city zoning

Exactly so: the Second Amendment has been effectively repealed inside California. I suspect that California's millions of gun owners, who are subject to intrusive new registration requirements starting in July, are beginning to wonder: If federal judges routinely ignore the law, why can't I?

Last Edited:
I've read in random sources on the net (so take this with an appropriate amount of salt), that the Court's current reticence to hear any 2A cases is rooted in the fact that nobody really knows what Kennedy would do, and since he would likely be the tie breaker, the cases could go sideways. In essence, we're all just sitting here as our rights get dribbled away while we wait for one of the anti-2A judges to kick the bucket or retire.

I understand the fears of a Kennedy wild-card, but as the laws become further entrenched, widespread, and as people get more used to them as the status quo, they become increasingly difficult to overcome by pure inertia alone. Secondly, Trump might only have two more years in office and it would take a couple years just to move a case through the process up to SCOTUS. Any case starting now is likely to not be heard until about the time of the next election, meaning that by doing nothing now, we may be even worse off. For example, one of the pro2A justices (or Kennedy) could be the one to kick the bucket or retire, and it could be at just the moment when a different president would chose the judge's replacement -- given that the "different president" would be Trump's opposition (meaning a Dem), you could kiss the 2A and Heller goodbye at that point because the antis would have a solid 5 vote majority.

It might be time to roll the dice, otherwise we might be bubblegum bubblegumed extra hard.

You guys are like a combat soldier watching a far off missile while a guy slips up and puts a shiv in your ribs. I would think Oregonians and Washingtonians have enough to worry about than an out of control neighboring state. Instead of running around with your hair on fire over something outside of your control.......deal with your own local situations. I understand that you may have just discovered it but California has been restricting both new and existing gun stores for at least a decade that I know about. It was about then that the ran the last gun shops out of San Francisco.

That's not what you have to worry about F@#$& CALIFORNIA BUT the fact that OR and then WA follow them that's another thing .
And the fact that every illagal alian criminal comes through CALIFORNIA to get to OR and WA . that's what you have to worry about .
In California they are letting criminals out of prison left and right .and they are spreding across the country . WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION .

LA RAZA . LOOK IT UP
I lived (15 years) and still have business in California. I am pretty familiar with the issues. All that happened here is the California Supreme Court codified the long held practice by stating it isn't illegal............did you expect anything else from the land of the 9th circuit? Communities have broad latitude to control zoning and they frequently exercise there rights in draconian ways or use the power as weapons against activities they don't care for. It is allowed by federal law because zoning is exclusively the responsibility of state and local government. Being able to own and keep a gun is different than engaging in a commercial enterprise dealing in them.

Last Edited:
California secession needs to happen. And for those who argue it would hurt us? No, it would not. California makes up 12% of the US official population. They consume 30+% of all welfare payments in the US. They have had net population reductions going on for a decade. Businesses are fleeing Cali. Add in the fact that the state and most of the counties and cities are beyond broke, its a ticking time bomb for the other 49 states.

City if San Bernadino at one point had $150,000 in their general fund bank account, with monthly payments due of millions. 1.8 Million a month they are supposed to pay in public employee pension premiums alone, not including healthcare, benefits, salaries and misc costs.

California is a boat anchor at this point, and cutting them loose may stave off the US economy tanking so soon. If the nuts want to run their state like a sovereign nation, let em go. And add them to the travel ban list, seize the assets of foreign agents, expel their senators and reps, and let them see the light. Turn off the water from the Colorado, and power from the dozens of states that supply it. California is not unique. Want to make desert lands into the fruit basket of America? Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, and Arizona have lots of space to terraform.

Disband and reform the 9th Circus, as the justices are California residents/citizens.

40 years of liberal politics have destroyed thst state, as they are in Oregon and Washington.

I lived (15 years) and still have business in California. I am pretty familiar with the issues. All that happened here is the California Supreme Court codified the long held practice by stating it isn't illegal............did you expect anything else from the land of the 9th circuit? Communities have broad latitude to control zoning and they frequently exercise there rights in draconian ways or use the power as weapons against activities they don't care for. It is allowed by federal law because zoning is exclusively the responsibility of state and local government. Being able to own and keep a gun is different than engaging in a commercial enterprise dealing in them.
But there is a few citys standing up to the state government .
but what about the boarding states including you in IDAHO THIS IS A TRICKLE DOWN AFFECT .
It takes time but it's coming down this is what they want slowing but surely we are becoming more COMMUNIST.EVERY DAY GARANTEE YOU this will not end well

Until the point where all municipalities ban gun retailers or manufacturers, or the state passes a law that residents may only purchase arms in their home county or city.

The right to own by its nature includes a right to procure, and since interstate arms deals require an FFL, if FFLs cannot find homes in cities, no one can procure arms. And Cali requires petsonal transactions go through FFLs as well, so again, you cannot own something the government makes impossible to procure.

California secession needs to happen. And for those who argue it would hurt us? No, it would not. California makes up 12% of the US official population. They consume 30+% of all welfare payments in the US. They have had net population reductions going on for a decade. Businesses are fleeing Cali. Add in the fact that the state and most of the counties and cities are beyond broke, its a ticking time bomb for the other 49 states.

City if San Bernadino at one point had $150,000 in their general fund bank account, with monthly payments due of millions. 1.8 Million a month they are supposed to pay in public employee pension premiums alone, not including healthcare, benefits, salaries and misc costs.

California is a boat anchor at this point, and cutting them loose may stave off the US economy tanking so soon. If the nuts want to run their state like a sovereign nation, let em go. And add them to the travel ban list, seize the assets of foreign agents, expel their senators and reps, and let them see the light. Turn off the water from the Colorado, and power from the dozens of states that supply it. California is not unique. Want to make desert lands into the fruit basket of America? Oregon, Nevada, Idaho, and Arizona have lots of space to terraform.

Disband and reform the 9th Circus, as the justices are California residents/citizens.

40 years of liberal politics have destroyed thst state, as they are in Oregon and Washington.
I have family in California .
But I have no PROBLEMS WITH THAT STATE FALLING INTO THE SEA .LOL LEARN TO SWIM

And I think she is already dead but the Dems just keep her body there WEEKEND AT BERINES STYLE .MMMMMM FUNNY THAT NAME BERINIE KEEPS COMING UP .
ANOTHER ONE WHO NEEDS A DIRT NAP

But there is a few citys standing up to the state government .
but what about the boarding states including you in IDAHO THIS IS A TRICKLE DOWN AFFECT .
It takes time but it's coming down this is what they want slowing but surely we are becoming more COMMUNIST.EVERY DAY GARANTEE YOU this will not end well
We had our primary election today, every single candidate recorded pro second amendment ads including the Democrats. The people I support all seem to be winning handily but Idaho is in little danger of becoming like the coastal states. Even our most populous immigrant counties are quite pro gun conservitive. We have 2 counties that have a smaller majority, Ada and Latah where there are a large group of people poisoned by universities but even in those counties we have a majority. We are in the process of replacing my congressman (a weak RINO in my opinion) with the state senator that actually carried the water and passed constitunal carry in our state. In our state the big herdle for a Republican is getting past our primary. I was raised in eastern Washington after my people pioneered Idaho during the Civil War period. Washington, like Oregon and California has always lost control to the big coastal cities and places where the universities are. The best that you can hope for is a benevolent ruler that will through you an occasional bone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top