JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

New legislation would expand the law to include weapons used by law enforcement, which are currently exempt. The thinking is that forcing police officers into the marketplace would prompt manufacturers to improve technology so they can sell the weapons to members of law enforcement.

Why do they spend so much time trying to create data bases on guns when you can flat out walk into a mall and cap a dozen people and the whole thing gets livestreamed - and you still get a trial?

What they SHOULD do is have a D or an R engraved in every weapon so they know if the gun killed people or if it was the shooter.

If this goes into law, I look forward to seeing CA LE orgs being unable to buy guns for their LEOs. :rolleyes:
The Kali Kops don't need guns.
They can crack heads old school.

581940-gettyimages-110113914.jpg

And suddenly a Harbor Freight scribe will render the "microstamp" useless in about 3 seconds and California will demand controls on hand tools......................................you know...............................for the kids and all.

I guess if someone packs their brass out with them the police just give up. Seems like a pretty easy way to completely bamboozle investigators.

Watch for a surge in revolver use amongst the gangsta population.
Or, more likely, nobody cares and they just keep on doin' that they doin' and the police can get bogged-down in trying to match thousands of loose cases to hundreds of guns that they have 0 idea of their whereabouts... and finding the cat who pulled the trigger becomes a secondary consideration.

Last Edited:
So did anyone else read far enough down the article to see the provisions with one of the laws that requires three guns to be removed from the list for everyone added? Think about this. Eventually there will only be one gun left on the list. Or better, when there are only two left, if you add one more and remove three, that means no guns are authorized for sale in the state.

Which if of course their goal.

I think it's great, and I welcome the LEO community as the first victims of this tech.

CA, consistently pushing the boundaries of legislative stupidity. They're reaping their own reward already.

First victims? It has been used a back door slow-motion handgun ban on California residents ever since Kamala Harris personally certified in 2013 that microstamping was feasible and unencumbered by any patents.

First victims? It has been used a back door slow-motion handgun ban on California residents ever since Kamala Harris personally certified in 2013 that microstamping was feasible and unencumbered by any patents.

To them it is just another talking point to try to show that the "gun lobby" is resisting "common sense gun control". If they pass the law then it will be interesting to see what happens. Either way they win - if no major manufacturer takes them up on it, then some small outfit might sell them HiPoints retrofitted with special firing pins and the anti-gun people will use that against us. Same thing if a major manufacturer does it. Or maybe the state itself will hire somebody to make the pins and retrofit them.

Is there any state and manufacturer that won't sell guns to LE orgs there?

I see it as being "great. You've collected shell casing from a shooting scene. Now, which BULLETS actually hit anything?"

A bunch of cops and bad guys standing around after a shooting pointing fingers at each other saying "Yeah, that shell casing may be from my gun, but prove it was a BULLET that left my gun that hit someone/something."

If i were a gun manufacturer I'd be calling all my "friends" at the other gun manufacturing companies. If they all get together and flat out refuse to sell anything in kommiefornia, even to the 86,000 police officers, SO WHAT!?!?! Let the cops and the kommifornia populace heads explode. Then maybe, JUST MAYBE, they would vote out (tar and feather!) the current "elected officials"! I'd even get with the ammo manufacturers and try getting them on board too. kommiefornia is a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the entire United States.

I see it as being "great. You've collected shell casing from a shooting scene. Now, which BULLETS actually hit anything?"
Exactly.

Allow me to provide a similar example, from Cali even. When I was an LEO down there, did a substantial amount of traffic accident investigation. A micro stamped casing is like a license plate in a hit an run case. I had hundreds of reports with only a license plate and description of a vehicle, maybe even a vague description of the driver. How many of these cases were prosecuted? Zero, zip, nada, zilch. You can't arrest a license plate or a shell casing.

Does it give you a place to begin your follow up? Sure, but you still need to identify the driver / shooter. It's much harder to lose a car in a boating accident than a firearm...just sayn'.

Again, bottom line. "They" don't want anyone to have guns and this can be packaged as "reasonable, common sense gun safety measures for the children."

And allow me to pile on. Right now there are 805 handguns on the roster. 1,482 have been removed or show as "de-certified." By adding only another 400 guns (with the new law that three have to be removed for everyone one added) the count of approved guns would reach zero.

Next is putting chips in the projectile. They can just wave a wand over the dead guy and it'll show who shot him....

I believe that has already been tried; including "confetti" with the gun powder so it can be "traced" IIRC. I don't recall how the premise worked except that there would be a whole bunch of traceable elements in the gunpowder. Now how in the world it would be traceable to a given person I do not know - you could trace to a give lot of ammo and then go back from there, and maybe that would narrow it down to a few thousand people?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top