JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Craziest thing I've heard in a bit. No gas motors for California moving forward. Don't like power outages? Well no gas generator to go with no electricity in general!

What starts in California eventually makes it to Oregon and Washington. I can see Kate Brown losing sleep knowing that Newsom got one up on her. Maybe if she can extend her COVID emergency Queen Powers another year or two...

I can also see Jay Inslee giddy over the thought of electric powered electricity generators. I mean, all you have to is to plug it in to itself and you have free unlimited clean power!

Before long...

Screenshot_20211012-013727_Reddit.jpg

no gas generator to go with no electricity
I remember about 20 or 25 years ago, California started requiring new mowers and other such equipment to have emissions controls on them. Now it's come to this.

I can also see Jay Inslee giddy over the thought of electric powered electricity generators. I mean, all you have to is to plug it in to itself and you have free unlimited clean power!
I giggled when I read this.

You can picture some anus-brains in the state legislature probably, really don't know any differently. They can be that clueless. After all, look at the lack of technical knowledge they have often displayed concerning firearms legislation. One example that comes to mind: In California, a flash supressor is bad, but a muzzle brake is okay. Or more common confusion over automatic and semi-auto firearms, et al.

It's no wonder that the US legislative process has become so mired in inertia. Most of the legislators are lawyers. They mostly know about lawyering, but a lot less about the nuts and bolts of what it takes to make things work. So the technical specialty they bring to legislation is the ability to tie things up and cause delay and stand-off.

Talking about "free" electrical power. On late night TV, I still occasionally see some low-budget advertiser flogging those power amplifiers. Things you plug into an AC outlet on your wall and it reduces your electric bill. I guess the old army addage about the 5% who never get the word is valid.

Today, I read more about this. As proposed, it also includes chain saws. I'd like to see an electric saw that will make a cut through a tree butt, say, three feet across. I suppose it's possible with a big enough battery. Like on a cart with a big cable connected to the saw.

Power generators are included, I think they are set to phase out later than lawnmowers. I've been surprised lately by how many electric lawnmowers are being sold these days. Not too many years ago, the Goodwill was piled high with weakly powered, donated electrics. When one of my daughters recently replaced their gas mower with an electric, I groaned inwardly but said nothing. Then they went on vacation and I decided to spruce up their yard while they were gone. I used their new electric, it was a better rig than I'd anticipated.

I don't know what will sub for a generator in a power outtage. I guess the logical option would be to get one of those battery back-up units. That may be a little farther down the road than I will have to deal with.

The three biggest items consuming power in an all-electric home are: Heating/Cooling (HVAC) (45%), Water Heater (14%), and Appliances (13&). Lighting is #4 (9%), but with LED bulbs it can be much less. TV/phone/computer/gaming is #5 (4%).

The ranking, based on current draw is:
Water heater 4500 watts
HVAC (Heat Pump) 3500 watts
Washer/Dryer (simultaneously) 3045 watts
Oven 2500 watts
Range Top Burner (1) 1500 watts

Computers, TV's, and gaming devices can use a lot of power. They consume some power even when idle.
You can greatly reduce your power consumption by only operating some devices, like refrigerators, for short periods a few times a day during power outages, but that may be weather-dependent as to effectiveness.

Last Edited:
If the whole country has to follow California's lead in converting to all-electric, I see Elon Musk (Powerwalls and EV production) pulling away from Jeff Bezos as richest man, since Musk is selling the necessary items to meet the requirements, and Bezos only gets a markup on sales. People will be spending all their money on Musk's products, and won't be able to afford the other stuff Bezos sells.

As they continue to pretend electricity is magic and comes from the air they are going to start getting a rude awakening. The rolling black outs will become a common thing if they really want to do this. I thinks its quite humorous to watch.

Just because the environmental destruction doesn't happen here does not mean it isn't happening. There are lithium batteries in almost all of the replacements for small gas powered devices mandated by the California law.
nc_ohc=gHPxiDJtrfsAX-tIDIK&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-2.jpg

Just because the environmental destruction doesn't happen here does not mean it isn't happening. There are lithium batteries in almost all of the replacements for small gas powered devices mandated by the California law.
View attachment 1050353
YEP! Again this is like so much propaganda. Useful idiots who keep their head planted firmly behind them telling themselves they are saving the world. Show them the truth and they get angry, then put their head back. :s0092:

Meanwhile, Norway double downs on petroleum exploitation despite going further left politically recently..

Meanwhile, Norway double downs on petroleum exploitation despite going further left politically recently..

So with my phone VPN enabled I cannot go to some URLs since it prefixes it the URL to, "go.skimresouces.com"

If they want to keep handing out money they have to make it somehow. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top