JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately, This is just another well written article that will be buried deep and never see the light it deserves in the MSM.
nc_oc=AQlHDpim6spqT-PD7S0lN4bgM8LIfpuMvESYLbaxZaKo1VnnjBaelMkdcpJe8rJrdMU&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Too bad antis care about their feelings and not facts. Wasn't it exactly the same for the AWB? :rolleyes:

Without having read the article (no time right now), I still believe I'll be correct in saying that the anti-rights interpretation of this result is, or will be, that even more gun laws are needed. And when those new laws have no effect ... well, you get the picture.

Without having read the article (no time right now), I still believe I'll be correct in saying that the anti-rights interpretation of this result is, or will be, that even more gun laws are needed. And when those new laws have no effect ... well, you get the picture.

Of course. Because that is what they have said in the past. Not enough laws. Not enough taxes. Not enough social programs. We've been fighting the "war on [fill in blank]" for decades and the answer is always more, more, more.

Anyone who lived in California and watched the news could have told you that background checks were worthless. Zero! Not one crime prevented and NO drop in crime. Instead it is just another hoop for the law abiding to jump through.
As ever gun control is about controlling citizens. Not criminals.

Even though no one cares right now, these sorts of studies are important for the future. If we ever get the second amendment held to strict scrutiny, narrow tailoring and efficacy will be important determinants of whether or not an infringement is considered legal.

A study from a respected institution that proves that a gun-control measure has no effect will be great evidence have such a measure struck down.

It's cute some people think UBCs are about reducing crime. It's about getting guns on paper and keeping them that way.

I heard of another study done in a number of states - not sure how valid it is - that asserted that having a 'license' to purchase guns was more effective than BGCs.

BGCs are, as you say, about getting the guns on paper and keeping them there. Otherwise, why would they want the serial numbers, make/model/type/etc.? To check if they are stolen? How often do you hear of someone taking a stolen gun to an FFL to sell it? If they steal a gun, they would just sell it on the sly.

This story appeared in my news feed today, about 2 months after this thread got started. .
The article date is from back in December '18. Hmmm

Anyways, I recommend FEE.org as weekly reading.

Seriously, another gun law that fails to protect life..
That was never the plan.
It has always been about limiting gun sales and ownership. Every time a buyer says screw it, it's not worth the hassle, tha antis win.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top