JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm upon researching to prove you wrong. Looks like you might be right. Need to do more research.
Prove me wrong???:mad:
Might be right???:mad:

Just kidding. I'm no attorney (thank G-d) but my understanding is that bringing mags with a higher capacity than 10 from out of state is forbidden, but the ammo limits only apply to California residents. Either way, I have no intention of darkening California's doorsteps ever again.

Why not just avoid going into California? :)
I'm going to Reno in October but won't drive through California to get there. Don't want to deal with it's crazy laws and don't want to spend a dime of my money there.

Several reasons

1) I have family there.
2) I wouldn't mind visiting some parts of Calif. again - e.g., Trinity Alps/et. al. is nice. I hear that Mendecino area is nice too.
3) I generally won't visit very often, and if I can't get away with a a SIG with a ten round mag, then ok, I would take a revolver and a lever action and a rimfire. But given recent law changes there, I was just wondering what is currently legal and what isn't for a visitor.

FWIW, when I moved here from PHX in 2007 I heard some bad things about traveling though CA with hi cap mags, so I called the State AG's office and inquired about traveling from AZ to OR with "Hi Cap" (sic) magazines and wanted to confirm that, I would be protected under the 1986 Federal Firearms Owners Protection Act. Specifically my concern was something along the lines of a flat tire that required me to unload my mini van and a friendly LEO happened to stop and help, and as a result 'caught' me with them. The very nice lady at the AG's office said that in a case like that I would most likely be arrested and I would be more than welcome to argue for protection under FOPA in my court hearing. o_O
So, I thought, I think I'm gonna reroute my trip. I wonder if anybody'd think I'd flipped if I came to Portland, via Omaha ;)

If it was me I would probably chose a revolver that was on the CA DOJ
(sic) approved list.

When my parents moved back from NV to OR in 2007, I went down and drove one of their extra cars back up here. I cut across Calif from about Shasta on up. I had a backseat full of my fathers firearms under a blanket, mostly rifles IIRC.

I did get stopped in Pahrump NV got a ticket for doing 35 in a 25 - it is a speed trap there. But I only spent a few hours coming thru Calif.

I have a sweet 40cal problem solver Glok that is full Cali compliant FS in the classifieds if anyone wants the ultimate travel piece for the Sunshine State
4N7KvDW_d.jpg

Also make sure you do not take any pistols that have a threaded barrel installed. That is a felony "assault weapon" possession charge. For the children of course.

I was supposed to go down to Bakersfield area for work and thought, "crap, I can't carry in CA." Fortunately, the trip was cancelled literally hours before I was to fly.
Now, I have to fly through SFO on a trip where I was going to bring an AR. With four 30-rounder Pmags. On United (they've lost my luggage at least 2x). Beemans Chewing Gum.
upload_2018-11-16_21-52-6.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads