JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would California also be comfortable with having the same information available for everyone that has had an abortion in the last 10 years?

Asking for a friend.

Last Edited:
We California also bee comfortable with having the same information available for everyone that has had an abortion in the last 10 years?
full.gif

Last Edited:
Saw that. Ended up writing a comment:

No, this wasn't incompetence. I'm in tech - automated marketing…deal with lots of systems, data, and PII… There is a CCW database. That system shouldn't be allowed to export or give API access to PII. The fact that it appears that whole tables were exported means intention. The fact that the recipient system has a data structure capable of taking PII means intention. The fact that the web interface had a god damn toggle to display/hide PII means intention.

Not only was this intentional - not a single person from developer to team lead to executive sponsor saw fit to stop the data xfer of PII. That means the xfer was all a part of the plan.
I used to work in IT in a past lifetime and I agree. This whole thing stinks of an intentional leak, not an accident.

Someone in Cali got big mad that SCOTUS made a pro-2A ruling and decided to try and punish CCW holders in CA.

The solution, of course, is for all of those gun owners to move out of CA, move to Oregon, and help us vote the retards out of office. CA can't be saved, and Oregon might not be able to be either, but at least we can give it one last shot.
IMO, that's really the last thing we need! A bunch of luke-warm 2A'ers that allowed their own country to go "points up" immigrating into the U.S. and spreading the, "I support the 2A, BUT..." virus.

The solution, of course, if for all the gun owners in the PNW to make a road trip over the border. Spread out along the fault line and JUMP!! Let's see if we can't make a positive change and trigger that land mass to finally slide off and disappear into the great deep. :s0094:

Spread out along the fault line and JUMP!! Let's see if we can't make a positive change and trigger that land mass to finally slide off and disappear into the great deep. :s0094:
Every night, I kneel at the edge of my bed and pray... "Saint Andreas, hear our prayer... Saint Andreas, hear our prayer... Saint Andreas, hear our prayer..."

I haven't given up the faith yet...

IMO, that's really the last thing we need! A bunch of luke-warm 2A'ers that allowed their own country to go "points up" immigrating into the U.S. and spreading the, "I support the 2A, BUT..." virus.

The solution, of course, if for all the gun owners in the PNW to make a road trip over the border. Spread out along the fault line and JUMP!! Let's see if we can't make a positive change and trigger that land mass to finally slide off and disappear into the great deep. :s0094:

The data was downloaded/copied countless times before the AG's office secured their website. It's now available through the usual nefarious sources as a searchable database. That data includes some known anti-2A politicians and celebrities, as well as sitting judges. I don't think this will get swept under a rug, and I'm quite sure that at least one AG employee will be required to spend 3, maybe 4 hours of Diversity and Inclusion training as punishment.

California Department of Justice press release: Cali DOJ
The personal information that was available was not only concealed carry permit holders, but also anyone included in the following: "Assault Weapon Registry, Handguns Certified for Sale, Dealer Record of Sale, Firearm Safety Certificate, and Gun Violence Restraining Order dashboards."
That covers a very large percentage of those who legally own a firearm in California , except LEO and criminals, of course. They are, however, offering tips on how to monitor your credit report.

They are, however, offering tips on how to monitor your credit report.
That is the requirement of the 2020 CCPA, and a requirement to minimize civil suits and penalties. Next will be whether the disclosure will be considered willful neglect. That will take a court to decide.

Yeah, I expect a slew of "hell yeah, it was willful neglect!", but public opinion doesn't matter. It's not what people know or think they know, but what can be proven when compared to the legal requirements.

That is the requirement of the 2020 CCPA, and a requirement to minimize civil suits and penalties. Next will be whether the disclosure will be considered willful neglect. That will take a court to decide.

Yeah, I expect a slew of "hell yeah, it was willful neglect!", but public opinion doesn't matter. It's not what people know or think they know, but what can be proven when compared to the legal requirements.
Funny part is the CA gov was so proud of passing the most aggressive consumer protection act in the country at that time. Time to, as Phuq Schumer would say, reap the whirlwind.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top