Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Calico M-100

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by deadeye, Oct 17, 2009.

1. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

deleted

2. lcb97269

lcb97269 Milwaukie, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter

What is your minimum price?

3. Bello425

Bello425 Vancouver Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

What condition are the mags in? I have heard that majority of the problems with the M100 is the mag (i.e. cranked the mag too many times). Thanks.

4. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

those look more like mags to me.;)

5. rsmccsman

rsmccsman Hillsboro Go Blazers!

I had a Calico carbine in 9 mm with two 100 and one 50 round magazines that I sold back in the 90s. Like many guns wish I hadn't sold it. Actually I think the company used to be out here in Hillsboro. Very innovative design including helical magazine that can be stored loaded indefinitely without spring fatigue as you could wind up the springs and be ready to shoot in seconds. Also downward ejection keeps brass from hitting others in the face and makes for handy compact carbine with ambidextrous operation. Now if only this was available with a select fire mode you would have the perfect .22lr and I would be writing a $200 check to the BATF right now. Those models were LE and military only. If they were available to civilians I think you would have seen these everywhere and the company would have succeeded. I saw some video on the internet of a guy popping up from underwater with one and spraying 100 rounds, pretty impressive. With this setup you could shoot all month without reloading your magazines. Addressing the above issue of springs being cranked too much. As long as you can count how many times you go around with the handle and follow the manual's direction that shouldn't happen. Given Today's ammo prices I actually think the .22 is more desirable than the 9mm to take to the range. 100 round magazines in 9 mm get expensive to feed very quickly. Good luck selling this. Given the rarity and uniqueness your price seems very fair.

6. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

What are you looking to trade for? LMK, Randy

7. coosbaycreep

coosbaycreep 9 miles South of Roseburg Active Member

How reliable is this? Any problems with jamming? Does it function good with most kinds of ammo. Do all the mags work good? What kind of guns are you interested in trading for?

Calicos are generally hit or miss on reliability, and some more info would be helpful.

8. mrwolfe

mrwolfe salem Member

7 1/2" ruger SBH .44 mag, holster, dies, some .44 spl handloads and whatever assorted brass and bullets i have for it.

9. PinkhamR

They are still around ... good source for parts and the mag rebuild kits also ....

http://calicolightweaponsystems.com/home/

10. PinkhamR

My M-100 will 'eat' just about anything. Sometimes the cheap hollowpoints cause's some FTF's, but not very often ... Just keep it clean. Put together a bit like the old AR-7 ....

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  11. PinkhamR

I went ahead and modified mine a bit so I could have the barrel threaded. I have a spare 'Bird Cage' for it but like it this way much more ....

12. don5033

don5033 gresham Member

Have a tricked out ska tapto ar stock mags scope all matching #very nice trade?

13. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.