JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sunday Oregonian in Steve Duin's commentary.

Steve Duin: A cold morning in gun heaven shows some divide among gun enthusiasts | OregonLive.com

Mark Kronquist a vice president at Calico firearms offered the following "constructive alternatives."

A national standard on who has the right to buy a gun.
(I was born here and am not a criminal)
A federal excise tax on ammunition to pay for mental health services.
(Only if I eat the lead in my ammo will it cause mental deficiencies)
A national standard handgun safety class to buy a handgun.
(Again, its my right, not a priviledge)
He also asks "Why can I buy armor piercing rounds of ammunition as a civilian?"
(Any high velocity bullet will pierce soft body armor you twit)

He does make a good point about cosmetic appearance and magazine capacity ban as BandAids.

He should be worried about a magazine capacity ban since Calico rifles and pistols can hold 50 or 100 round helical magazines!

IMHO this guy isn't doing his company any favor by annoying the very niche consumer base his company's products appeal to.

I hereby grant thee the Neville Chamberlain award for appeasement... :(

This article is EXACTLY why there can be no compromise on the latest attack on gun rights. He fairly quoted Kronquist on his anti-gun ideas but when the other gentleman voiced his opinion of no new gun control and we need armed security, the condescending tone of the article kicked in and critisized the way the man interacts with his grandchildren. I for one am not a fan of the Oregonian news paper and maybe this is just them pandering to there audience but I hope it finds itself out of print at some point. The one sided media just gets old.

The Oregonian aka The Daily Dead Fish Wrapper...

Nah, wrecks the fish. It works better as a bird cage liner. Seems to be a real guano magnet.

I do look at some articles on the website to look at the commentary. It draws some really interesting people.

Calicos are made in Cornelious Oregon. I went to the open house/bar-b-q there, met them bs'ed about their product about 2 years ago. Very nice people, and I do not remember names at this time, but I do remember them being involved with boy scouts, they had a drawing, offered beer wine pop water saugage dogs etc..I enjoyed talking to the assembly person especially, but I met and talked with all representing this company there. Now I can't make since of this article? Why shoot yourself in the foot with comments that cripple your business? Also the picture of this supposed vice president is to small and grainy. I do not remember him being at the grand opening at all.
The author of the article appears very anti-gun, and the comments also, and I suspect here lies the problem. If you know who owns the oregonian it makes sence. As far as being Oregons largest gun manufacture, this statement is loose what about TNW in Vernonia Oregon? Why did this reporter not go to Tri-County Gun Club for a Story? Its alot closer.
I'm calling BS on this article. It smells real Bad to Me.

That seems like an opinion piece being portrayed as a news article. No facts, no actual reporting going on in that article. And lots of personal bias by the writer.

Just another talking head... Nothing to see here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top