Southwest Firearms Forum
Landhawk Arms
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Low Price Guns
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
J&B Firearm Sales
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Resolved Caliber list missing 7mm Remington Magnum and other 7mm options

RainMan_PNW

Reactions
I notice that the list of calibers has 7mm-08, but is missing any other options for 7mm (including simply “7mm” if one is trying to list reloading components).

Given the popularity, at a minimum, of 7mm Rem Mag, I’d have thought it would be in the list.

OP
RainMan_PNW

RainMan_PNW

Reactions
I notice that the list of calibers has 7mm-08, but is missing any other options for 7mm (including simply “7mm” if one is trying to list reloading components).

Given the popularity, at a minimum, of 7mm Rem Mag, I’d have thought it would be in the list.
You might want to mention where this is missing from. Guessing is pointless.
Sorry - in the classified sections when trying to select a caliber for listing. Also applies when trying to use the filter/search option within the classified sections.

WAYNO

Reactions
Pull downs are all the rage until your item is not included, and there is no write-in choice for "other".:D

It's often quicker to type than to negotiate a pull down.

Last edited:
OP
RainMan_PNW

RainMan_PNW

Reactions
Pull downs are all the rage until your item is not included, and there is no choice for "other".:D

I think “other” is at the top. But still not so great. Maybe have some function like the “tag” where users can enter something and have the field start to “auto-fill” based on existing options if they exist. Just thinking out loud...

284guy

Reactions
Pull downs are all the rage until your item is not included, and there is no choice for "other".:D

This new format was supposed to be better, but it surely appears that users dropped off dramatically. Maybe that’s a good thing.

OP
RainMan_PNW

RainMan_PNW

Reactions
Yeah, just like manufacturers, there’s too many to really get them all. This particular one caught me as odd... I know I’ve seen more than a few 7mm RM rifles listed that picked 7mm-08 in the drop down because the other option wasn’t there.

Really does seem like something similar to the Tag field would almost be a more sane option, if that functionality was possible.

Dyjital

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Law Around Here
  • Woke Up Like This
Yeah, just like manufacturers, there’s too many to really get them all. This particular one caught me as odd... I know I’ve seen more than a few 7mm RM rifles listed that picked 7mm-08 in the drop down because the other option wasn’t there.

Really does seem like something similar to the Tag field would almost be a more sane option, if that functionality was possible.
the new system is good because it sets a fixed option for caliber that before you could search for 7mm-08 or 7mm 08 or 7mm08 and they all three would be different. Searching that route was more difficult.

We appreciate the help and feedback as we want to ensure we get as many options on the table.

It’s kind of funny that 7mm-08 is listed over 7mm Rem Mag. The 7mm Rem Mag is probably one of the five most popular hunting cartridges in the US and one of the top two or three most popular belted magnums worldwide.

UPCOMING EVENTS

NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim did some awesome work for me recently. I dropped off my Remington 700 to be cut, threaded and a muzzle brake pin and welded. The muzzle brake...
    • nockandprimer
  • Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    My wife went into to pickup a firearm she bought from a online retailer and shipped to sunset firearms. She had a great experience and had a...
    • NWArborist
  • Independence Indoor Shooting
    5.00 star(s)
    I've bought one firearm and many other random items at IIS. The gun was priced really well, and was the best price I could find the area. My...
    • TDH
  • Stockpile Defense, LLC
    5.00 star(s)
    I've bought a few lowers here, and many other AR parts. They have a really nice selection of guns and parts, not just AR. They are willing to...
    • TDH
  • Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS