JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Term limits, no more professional politicians, you get your two terms ( if your lucky) and maybe a run at the White House, and that's friggin IT! Once you have done your two terms, you don't ever get to run for any other office, EVER! Pay is to be set at 20% Above Minimum Wage for the state you serve in, PERIOD!
That all sounds great and wonderful and full of uncorns and rainbows, but here's the thing about term limits...

Some folks will argue that we already have them, and they're called "elections". I used to be one of these people...
But seeing that totally moronic politicians continue to get re-elected (think Maxine Waters, et al) cured me of that naïveté.

The thing that has to change before term limits will really gain any traction is the underlying reason why politicians are collectively against them...
I'm talking about Committee chairs and assignments. Long-term pols are the ones that benefit from this, as the more seniority they have, the more chance they have of nabbing one of the choicest committee chairs, or even just to sit on a choice committee. It's all about the power that committee assignment carries with it.
Look at the (Grand)Mom in Tennis Shoes, Sen. Patty Murray, as an example. Got elected to the Senate in 1993; been there 27 years now. That length of tenure gets her posts like Ranking Member on the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee. She's also on the Appropriations Committee, as a member of numerous subcommittees. The amount of money, power, and control at her fingertips boggles the imagination. And this is just one person in 535! Granted, not every member of Congress gets to sit on a committee, but you get my point.

So, until the system is changed so that getting these powerful posts doesn't rely upon seniority, term limits, as envisioned by most people, will never happen. You will never see a career politician vote in favor of them because it is inherently against their own self-interest. It's like asking them to vote against their own pay raises.

Last Edited:
Didn't say it was going to be easy, or not with out serious challenges, bit that the only way to ensure we the people get our representation with out a super majority doing stuff against the people no matter how they voted!

Agreed! But how are We the Protectively and Benevolently Subjugated going to change the minds of our Protective and Benevolent Overlords to embrace something that is anathema to their self-interest?

I suppose to some, France, ca. 1789-1794 comes immediately to mind...

Last Edited:
Term limits, no more professional politicians, you get your two terms ( if your lucky) and maybe a run at the White House, and that's friggin IT! Once you have done your two terms, you don't ever get to run for any other office, EVER! Pay is to be set at 20% Above Minimum Wage for the state you serve in, PERIOD!

Term limits exist, the people just need to be smart enough to utilize them.

Our politicians thieves and government employees crime gang need a severe spanking to put the fear of god [ the taxpayer] into them .
Soooo...
Since the members of the armed services are government employees as well....are they the gang members of which you speak so often of...?

And more to the point...
I am a veteran and now a teacher in a public school...I assure you that I am not a gang member.
Andy

This stuff is scary as all hell. The police backed off this time but, what will happen next time? Also what I keep waiting for is some kook to take a shot at a cop. Either some member of the protest or some ATIFA kook, who does it to start a reaction. Unless a LOT of Cops just flat out stand together and say "No, I will not do this" it will not work. If they fire a couple Cops and the rest get scared? This is how you end up years later, wondering how they got so many to say "I was just following orders". History does keep repeating itself.
The unionized government employees love their pensions better than they love donuts.

He shamed them, but the almost holdout LEO's only walked away because 'they' didn't want to be seen as the hacks that 'they' are...

The majority finally understood what the Marine was saying and walked away embarrassed and ashamed, but the portion that hung in...would really like to thump people because they wouldn't instantly do as told...bastardos.

I can see their sneering, hateful attitudes towards innocent Americans reminding them what their doing is unconstitutional and damn sure not lawful.

Those are the ones that'll ultimately ruin the public's weakening support and respect...

I was once a very big supporter of law enforcement...and with the exception of Officer Greg Anderson and one other L.E.O., my overall support, respect and admiration has plummeted...not to zero, but close.

Beating on peaceful demonstrators is all fun and games until you find yourself (all ensconced in your riot gear) eating Molotov cocktails.... o_O

Ah, I almost made it to the end....
I guess that's why @Stomper pleaded with us to watch it to the bitter end, eh? :D

Truth be told, I was getting weary about half way through, but by then I figured I was engaged for the long haul, so I gutted it out...

Ah, I almost made it to the end....

Looooooooooseerrrrrrrrr.....

E3CBBA4B-A597-483F-A657-81BCA7944E5A.gif

;):D

:s0140:

What's the UBB code for that? I might need that...

Last Edited:
Our politicians thieves and government employees crime gang need a severe spanking to put the fear of god [ the taxpayer] into them .
HOW DARE YOU, I wore a Uniform for 20 years keeping folks like you safe, and yet i'm part of a Gov. crime gang? That's a very offensive, obtuse, ill informed assumption, and I am warning you in no uncertain terms DO NOT EVER lump me and those like me into such a group, or assume i'm a part of some crime gang! :mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top