JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have one of these? Looks like a blast for .22 plinking.

I wonder if it is allowed at TCGC in the Action and/or Rimfire ranges. From reading the rules I think it would be. The rules say no 'ground targets' or only approved targets in the Action Range but I believe that is referring to those rolling-type targets that walk as you shoot them. The metal plate angle downward, it appears to be a very safe target option. I sent an email to TCGC to ask what they thought or if the board could approve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think those would be allowed. Rules state:

G. Paper, cardboard and approved metal targets (IPSC, Cowboy, or Speed types) only.
H. Any specialty targets must be approved by the Activity Chairman and TCGC Board.

Looks like fun for Browns Camp though.

My brother and I bought one of these. Assembly isn't too difficult:s0155:
and the 2 1/2" targets are quite a challenge at the recommended 75ft.,
even with a scoped rifle.;)

The system is rated for .22 std. ammunition, we were using ARMSCOR
HV, HP, without a problem.:s0092:

The only down-side was, often a single hit on the disk would blow the
stick-on target off, or shred it. We ended up spray painting the target
disks white.:gun04:

I'm waiting to try it with the metal duck targets. I have some on order.:s0155:

Jack...:cool: PS Best Price was Sportsmans Guide

TCGC is willing to test it with a large paper/cardboard backdrop to see if hits deflect upward. It anyone has one of these and could do a pre-test (not at TCGC) and it passed I'd buy one and submit it to TCGC for safety testing. If passed if would become a officially sanctioned target at the Action Range and/or 25 yard rimfire range mark.

If questionable, it may only pass if a large square steel angled plate was put behind it. That would be a deal killer for me since I don't have a practical way to transport something like that to the range.

If placed on a level surface, the entire unit is angled to deflect bullets back into
the ground in front of the target.

They recommend that the target be placed on the ground. We had it placed on a
support beam 2 1/2' off of the ground and at 75 ft. didn't notice any "Return Fire".

If we have a chance this week we will move up to 10 yds. for some pistol shooting.

I have noticed "Return Fire" from a solid plate with a .38Spl. at this range.

Jack...:cool:

Well if it could be setup with maybe something like Xmas wrapping paper behind it, up to 6' or so, and fired on 100-500 times (if testing at TCGC they would insist on steel behind it also or something to stop ricochets upward) ... then a detailed video could be submitted to Randy Schleining, the Executive Range Officer. He is OK with submitting any target proven safe for approval.

Kudos to TCGC for being open to such an unconventional target if proven safe. It would always be placed on the ground. I am sure kids on the 25yd rimfire would enjoy it immensely.

Times like this I wish I lived out in the sticks!

You are correct - it looks like it faces downward, targets and all.

Great deal on one right out by Tri County - http://www.armslist.com/posts/609267/portland-oregon-misc-for-sale--caldwell-shooting-gallery-new

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews