Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cabin for rent in Christmas valley

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Workerbee33, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Workerbee33

Workerbee33 Active Member

I am contemplating building a cabin in Christmas Valley on my 10 acres. I am tired of taking my trailer over or staying at the local motels. If I did do this would you be interested in renting the cabin for the night, weekend or week? It would be affordable with accommodations like at home with a rustic feel and have the option to sage rat. coyote, deer and elk hunt from the front porch.
    Let me know if you would be interested.

Oregon Quartermaster, 308 and telero like this.
  2. Goosebrown

Goosebrown Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I would be. Probably once a year but interested.

Workerbee33 likes this.
  3. filsonhand

filsonhand In the Silicon Forest Smooth as a Rhino 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Will you be able to shoot on property ?

Caveman Jim likes this.
  4. Workerbee33

Of course, I would try to work out a deal with the farmer that has 3 turns and would be able to use the 300 yard range

5. filsonhand

filsonhand In the Silicon Forest Smooth as a Rhino 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Now were talkin, sounds like a good yearly retreat :)
    I'd be down for that :s0155:

308 and Workerbee33 like this.
  6. Workerbee33

And blm property is 500 yards away, can drive all the to summer lake. Couple bulls spotted from the property this afternoon

20160116_160441.jpg

20160116_160441.jpg

7. filsonhand

Ya... I'd be down for a week in a cabin, with that view

Workerbee33 likes this.
  8. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

I'd be interested too.

Workerbee33 likes this.
  9. Workerbee33

I'm thinking I would make the property and cabin cater to the sportsmen, horseshoe pit, fire pit, 300 yard gun range, maybe a spot to shoot some skeet and dial the inside up to cater to women if they come and have some amenities like home. The cabin is off the grid so it would be solar that charges batteries and have generator backup, propane to cook and wood stove heat. It will have hot running water and septic. It will have places to park trailers or atv's and would encourage people to bring and use them. I want it to be a place that family and friends can enjoy and make memories for years to come.

10. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

I'd be interested as well. Look into an inverter 120v power from the batteries. I could help out with the specifics if need be. But regardless, I'd rent it for a long weekend for sage rat target practice.

11. Workerbee33

Definetly going to look into invertor, thanks for the heads up

12. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

sounds like a winner to me

13. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

I think if you do this you'd have plenty of people wanting a weekend or full week getaway. After all, you're a member of a forum that caters to guys and gals like to shoot and hunt. Trust me, you're on to something. I've been wanting to shoot some little brown critters over there with my .22 Mag for a long time but just never had a place to go.

14. myersguns

myersguns springfield New Member

This sounds like a great idea! I would be interested in renting for a weekend. I would also be down for helping out setting this up if you need any help.

15. Workerbee33

That would be great, I'm sure we could work something out that would be beneficial for both parties.

16. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's a swell idea, I'd be interested in a weekend or a week!:)

Workerbee33 likes this.
  17. myersguns

myersguns springfield New Member

I have a 20ft gooseneck flatbed trailer to haul stuff, Miller portable welder/generator

18. Workerbee33

That would be great. I would bring over a dump trailer and mini to get things rolling

19. kenr74

kenr74 Oregon Active Member

How close to the dunes? Would be fun to do some riding and shooting on the same trip.

20. Workerbee33

I believe the dunes are roughly 20 miles east of town and I'm 4 miles south of town. I ride the blm property all the time with my SXS and dirt bikes. No sand dunes but wide open desert