JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone backordered ammo from Cabelas before?

Most of their ammo says "0-1 weeks to ship" or "1-2 weeks to ship" -- are those truthful numbers?

SportsmanGuide.com shows ammo backordered to June, July, August, even October.... This is crazy!

Cabela's isn't the cheapest online, but they aren't the most expensive either (*cough* cheaperthandirt.com *cough*) - and a 0-2 week wait isn't too terrible.

I work in the Clackamas area and live in Boring - so during lunch I go to the 82nd WalMart and the Sportsman Warehouse and Fisherman Marine Supply... sometimes I get lucky at Fisherman Marine Supply (got 2x 50 rounds of .40Cal... all that was left) and then on my way home I stop at the Damascus and Sandy Bi-marts.... they must think I am nuts for walking in, going to the sporting goods section, and then walking out.... This ammo shortage is nuts - I don't plan on buying cases and cases of ammo - but not being able to buy one box locally is pretty insane...

Not being able to find it,is almost as bad as finding it and paying 3 times what the internet sells it for.Down here in Lakeview,our local sg store is marking up like 300 %..22 rimfire is 10 bucks per 100 rds. of cheap remington.
My dad backordered a case of .223 from Cabelas,and it took about 3 weeks to get it,that was in Feb. though.Could be a lot different now.

I will need a new pair of shoes pretty soon unless I give up on the three BiMarts I visit each about once a week. It has been about six weeks since I have scored there for pistol ammo.

I ordered 1000 rounds of 9mm from Cabelas (not the cheapest but not the most expensive) a couple of days ago. Since they didn't reject the order, they are committed to the price, I suppose. They said 2-3 weeks B/O. I don't know that they would have committed to that delivery unless they were reasonably sure of their projected delivery commitments from their suppliers.

But, then again, we will see, won't we?.

Not trying to hoard or stockpile, I just need enough to continue regular practice and, maybe, to enroll in a class at OFA.

Never ordered from Cabelas

- But I was in NW Armory of 99E / McLaughlin today and Carl said that he got $6K of Ammo in. Fullest shelves I have seen around in a while.

Good to know, thanks! - I think I will stop by there and Fisherman Marine Supply tomorrow and take a peak...

Not trying to hoard or stockpile, I just need enough to continue regular practice and, maybe, to enroll in a class at OFA.

Ditto... I don't want to hoard/stockpile - but I am new to handguns and want to work on becoming more proficient... and that needs ammo... right now I have less than 50 rounds of 9mm and .380... and a fair bit of .40 (250 rounds)

If people weren't hoarding 10,000 rounds every week then I would buy a box as a I go... but these days if I can buy 200 rounds I likely well.

Oh I'm stock piling, I'm the reason for this shortage!:s0112::cool:
I have had an order for 9mm bullets through Cabela's for over 3 weeks now.
I still can find almost any pistol ammo I need at the gun range. It's a mainstay of their business to have ammo available, so somehow they keep it in stock.
I keep thinking this run on everything will stop at some point, but it never seems to. I have a small stockpile, but I have not bought any more boxed ammo for 2 months. I have reloaded several boxes, but that will stop if I can't find some bullets.

I ordered some 22LR from Cabelas last night on backorder. I'm not in a rush to get it, especially since I don't even have a 22 yet, but I can let the board know how long Cabelas backorder take when it arrives.

4-16-09 Cabela's in Lacey was slim on .223 and long on shotgun ammo. I wanted some BlackHills .223 and the clerk said to place an order. When I asked 'how long' and 'how realistic a waiting time' he backed down and said he didn't know and didn't think anyone there could commit to a time.

Didn't place an order, still looking for BH .223 68grHvyMatch...:(

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads