Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

cabelas

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Ttuck, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

cabelas got a damn good sale on their ammo going right now.

2. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

less then 15 a box for .380

3. GlockGuy034

GlockGuy034 Marysville, WA Member

I live near the new Tulalip one up here and their prices are better than walmart or any close by gun stores that sell ammo. If i need it quick i go there!

4. Simplejack

Simplejack Snohomish County, Wa Member

Yeah, Why buy guns or shooting stuff from Walmart when you can just go next door to Cabela's. Very nice store.

5. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

Wait a year when they jack up their prices and stop taking returns like they did in Springfield. Worst company I have ever worked for.

6. Simplejack

Simplejack Snohomish County, Wa Member

Well things like that don't happen here in Wa

7. GlockGuy034

GlockGuy034 Marysville, WA Member

yeah i hope that wouldnt happen, they pretty much cornered the market now in this area for outdoorsman, i think prices will fluctuate and not just get jacked up

8. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Prices at established Cabelas (Lacey, Wa)) are pretty much 'retail' suggested price. Even the sales rarely prompt me to buy there anymore. Its my store to look at stuff, then buy online mostly, as there is no helpful employees there, either.

contrarian and (deleted member) like this.
  9. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I only buy ammo from cabela's when it's on sale AND there is a free shipping code, like there is now if you buy over $49. Then it shows up on my doorstep in a few days and I don't have to drive anywhere.

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  10. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Like most places, look for the sales. Shop around.
    THey will be the best on something one week and someone else will be better the next.

11. Branned2011

Branned2011 Oregon Member

I visit Cabelas in Springfield, but sale prices are high compared to Bi-Mart.:thumbup: Cabelas $65 vs Bi-Mart $49 or $55 for 10 boxes of Target 12 GA Ammo. Bi-Mart beats Cabelas every time that I look. Not even close. That being said they have a nice but expensive store!

12. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Anyone have any inside information on a future Portland/Vancouver location? Does that proposed Oregon City store still have a chance or is that deal dead?

13. markpeters1970

markpeters1970 PNW Active Member

New rumor is at I5 at Tualatin. Where the Kmart is now. Guys that built Bridgeport own the land and have an established relationship with Cabelas. City wont confirm until a permit is pulled.

14. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Last time I was in Cabelas I bought a couple boxes of 308 Marlin Express at 27.00 a box. Then I went to a gun shop in Yankton, South Dakoata and found the same 3.00 cheaper per box. Why is it, a big outfit like Cabelas has to charge full price when they buy such large amounts, and a small shop in the middle of nowhere has better prices ?

15. Branned2011

Branned2011 Oregon Member

Those nice stores do cost money to run.

16. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Add to that the recent article in the Oregonian about Wilsonville wanting to attract a Cabela's by make a zoning change on the big empty field just to the south of Target right next to I-5. Cabela's seems to really like having their stores highly visible from a freeway.

17. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I noticed that too and since then have stopped going there all together.

18. Tony617

Tony617 Washington State Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I buy ammo when it is on sale at Cabelas. I order it and have it shipped to store since shipping is free to the store.

19. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

Only when something is on sale but its nice to go there and maybe try or hold something and then order from Amazon and get free shipping and usually much cheaper too.