JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bruning clarified that a Cabela's anchor store is a virtual certainty in his company's proposed 307,000-square-foot retail center, awaiting finalization of a sub-lease agreement.

I think that's what they said about the Oregon City Cabelas, IIRC.

I hate big box stores, but a Cabelas is hard to deny.

The store Wilsonville turned down was going to be built on the farm behind Costco and was slated to be the largest Cabelas in the world.
My bitterness towards the city of Wilsonville for pissing away this opportunity is beyond measure. I could have walked to lunch and had Elk burgers! I could have fondled guns I couldn't possibly afford on a daily basis between meetings!

I guess I can still walk there, it's just a 4-5 mile walk each way :)

I need a tissue, do you think I can get one in camo?

After 30 years, Jiggles is getting the boot. I'm sure it was an eyesore for the City of Tualatin, which has been trying to rebrand itself for such a long time.

If you look at the development plan (<broken link removed>) there is a suspiciously Jiggles shaped building right where Jiggles now sits. Not sure what this means, but I don't think even Portland is ready for a strip club in a shopping mall. I suspect they will close or relocate.

The store Wilsonville turned down was going to be built on the farm behind Costco and was slated to be the largest Cabelas in the world.
My bitterness towards the city of Wilsonville for pissing away this opportunity is beyond measure. I could have walked to lunch and had Elk burgers! I could have fondled guns I couldn't possibly afford on a daily basis between meetings!

I guess I can still walk there, it's just a 4-5 mile walk each way :)

I need a tissue, do you think I can get one in camo?

As an Oregon City resident who also had his "Cabela's in my hometown" dream stripped away by stupidiy, I feel your pain.

As an Oregon City resident who also had his "Cabela's in my hometown" dream stripped away by stupidiy, I feel your pain.

Don't know how the heck I missed that one. A Cabella's would have been a much nicer way to mark the end of the Oregon Trail than Rossman's Landfill. When I was a kid it was called Kelley Field, and it had a ballpark. It's where we also used to have Independance Day celebrations and fireworks, etc. I'm sure the decision to nix Cabella's was in line to put the landfill there (dump, before they changed the name to make it more palatable)

I have to agree completely! We should have booted the commissioners who kept turning it down! To think that traffic could have been worse at the bottom of 213......Ahhhhh, at least it would have been worth it!

Excellent! One exit south of Dick's Sporting Goods too :s0112:. Soon I will have no reason whatsoever to set foot in Dick's Sporting Goods ever again.

I keep trying to remember why I ever set foot in Dick's in the first place. Their prices were never attractive for anything. They had a wide selection though, probably because their prices were so high that the product does not move.

And, finding helpful staff in Dick's is nearly impossible. At Washington Square, the Dick's rarely has anybody at the firearms counter unless you go to the registers and have them paged. The Tualatin Dick's is no better. I do not understand how that chain stays in business.

Location-wise, it's hard to pick a better spot than the Tualatin location.

0.5 miles north of the I-5/I-205 interchange.

3 miles south of the I-5/OR-217 interchange.

A 35 minute drive from Vancouver or Salem; 15 minutes from downtown Portland, and 25 minutes or less from most of the metro area.

Cabela's likely always wanted a location right off I-5, so the Oregon City location never made much sense. The Wilsonville location was a bad idea because Cabela's probably wanted to anchor a large retail center, and being out there next to two other massive big box stores (Costco, Target) wasn't the ticket. The Jantzen Beach location would have doubled the drive time for all the Oregonians in the valley south of the metro area.

Location-wise, it's hard to pick a better spot than the Tualatin location.

0.5 miles north of the I-5/I-205 interchange.

3 miles south of the I-5/OR-217 interchange.

A 35 minute drive from Vancouver or Salem; 15 minutes from downtown Portland, and 25 minutes or less from most of the metro area.

Cabela's likely always wanted a location right off I-5, so the Oregon City location never made much sense. The Wilsonville location was a bad idea because Cabela's probably wanted to anchor a large retail center, and being out there next to two other massive big box stores (Costco, Target) wasn't the ticket. The Jantzen Beach location would have doubled the drive time for all the Oregonians in the valley south of the metro area.

As a totally biased and scorned Oregon Cityan "I reject your reality and replace it with my own." (Myth Busters) It should have been in the OC! It took me days to begin to get over it when I found out that our local "leaders" ffffd that up.

I keep trying to remember why I ever set foot in Dick's in the first place. Their prices were never attractive for anything. They had a wide selection though, probably because their prices were so high that the product does not move.

And, finding helpful staff in Dick's is nearly impossible. At Washington Square, the Dick's rarely has anybody at the firearms counter unless you go to the registers and have them paged. The Tualatin Dick's is no better. I do not understand how that chain stays in business.

I have wondered myself, the few times I have been in the Hillsboro or Wash Sq store it seemed like I was the only person in the entire store. I just can't figure out how they make enough of a profit to keep running.

I have wondered myself, the few times I have been in the Hillsboro or Wash Sq store it seemed like I was the only person in the entire store. I just can't figure out how they make enough of a profit to keep running.

The Washington Square store may stay afloat with team sales. Many times when I go by there will be a suburban / trailer / van or some other gear hauling vehicle parked by the main entrance and filling up with boxes marked T-Ball, Softball, Uniforms and the like.

I know they have made very little off me in the time they have been there. I have just bought a couple items off the closeout racks and some ammo when it is not available anywhere else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top