JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, someone once posted that if you order a bunch of primers from Cabelas and they are back ordered, they charge you a hazmat fee only once even if the primers dribble in as different shipments.

Once again, doesn't work for me.

I had back ordered some primers early last summer and forgot about it. I had since bought lots of primers from Jack at Dan-Dee Sales and elsewhere for "normal" prices and I didn't need or want these. My bad for forgetting and not canceling the back order.

When I got the email it was too late - already shipped.

Here's a copy/paste of how much two bricks of CCI primers just cost me:

------------------------

"Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.

Products Ordered

2 of 21-0757 CCI Per 1000 Primers SMALL PISTOL

Shipped-11/25/09

Total

Merchandise = $59.98
Fee = $20.00
Postage = $10.95

ORDER TOTAL = $90.93

Payment Types Used On This Order

Credit Card -- American Express 1006 = $90.93"

PS I had ordered 5,000 small pistol primers. They came in three different shipments over about 6 months. I paid more than $90 S/H and hazmat for them.

I ordered them all at once.

Shame you didn't order them this week:

Special Offer: Cabela's 5-Day Holiday Sale & Free Shipping! Enter 9CHRISTMAS at checkout. See site for details.
Valid through: 11/30/2009

Shame you didn't order them this week:

Special Offer: Cabela's 5-Day Holiday Sale & Free Shipping! Enter 9CHRISTMAS at checkout. See site for details.
Valid through: 11/30/2009

Uh huh. Click on the round "free shipping" field and read the fine print. :)

• Enter promotion code 9CHRISTMAS during checkout
• Offer good through December 1, 2009 11:59 p.m. (EDT)
• $99 minimum order
• Good on Standard Express shipping to U.S. Deliverable Addresses ONLY
• Additional shipping charges for large or heavy items still apply
• Not available to Cabela's employees
• Not valid with any other offer
• Offer cannot be used on prior purchases
• Cabela's reserves the right to exclude certain products from this promotion
• This offer is not good on Gift Certificates, Gift Cards or licenses.

So buy a LOT of primers next time. :)

I DID!!!! I ordered 5,000 and they back ordered. Then they came in three installments and cost me about $90 in shipping and hazmat, total!!

One shipment was just one brick of 1,000 and cost me over $30 in shipping - more than the purchase price!

Mind you, these were all small pistol primers - all the same order. They just rationed them out to me in 3 shipments.

Another beotch I have is that I like to buy in bulk to get the same lot # so I don't have to start over with the chrony, etc. to tune my loads. Now I have 3 lots of the same thing. :(

Seriously, don't hesitate to call Cabela's customer service to ask for a reduction in fees. They will hear you out and might just give you a credit on your card. I have done this and found them very sympathetic as I spelled out my issue---and they refunded ALL shipping costs for my trouble. They really do want happy customers......................elsullo :s0155:

Seriously, don't hesitate to call Cabela's customer service to ask for a reduction in fees. They will hear you out and might just give you a credit on your card. I have done this and found them very sympathetic as I spelled out my issue---and they refunded ALL shipping costs for my trouble. They really do want happy customers......................elsullo :s0155:

I did that and they told me that each time they ship, they have to pay hazmat so... outta luck. They said they did their best to get me my order as soon as they could. :)

I just wish they had waited until they could ship 5k of the same item at once.

I'm all stocked up on literally everything now and don't see myself ever back ordering something like this again.

I ordered 10,000 rnds of .22LR. Total shipping charges were $20.00 even. I couldn't believe how cheap it was to ship that much lead. I had to wait 7 months for the order because of thier mix up I got a $20.00 holster for free with free shipping. Stand your ground and tell thier supervisor what happened and they will probably make it right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's hazmat on ammo. It's those 3 $20 hazmat charges that made it so bad.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top