JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The trick is to do your homework online before you go there. I agree with the counter help at the gun section-they seem to know their stuff but you'll never get to talk with them unless you open the place.

Great ammo selection, no great deals, even found some match .223. No bulk though, maybe it was well hidden...

Definitely do your homework online first if you plan to buy a firearm there. Unless they are on sale you can "usually" find better prices elsewhere. I did however pick up my S&W 22A pistol there for only 5$ over the BEST online price I'd found and since there was no FFL transfer fees involved I couldn't pass it up.

It's a great place to "shop" around for stuff though. In fact, I just received a huge HARDCOVER limited spring edition catalog that is just nuts!! :s0155:

I dropped in about two months ago. Their ammo selection was surprisingly large - even had Black Hills brass ammo for you 223 fans (the first time I ever saw a Black Hills box). Stopped by as a tourist - I didn't have any purchases in mind.

The most severely understaffed store I have ever seen. Still, the selection is unequalled. Prices are about average, maybe a little high.

All-in-all, go for the experience or if you need something that isn't available at Bi Mart. Otherwise, go to Bi Mart. :)

Definitely a fun store. Ammo is abundant. But they sell out of the common 7.62 X 39 and 5.56 real quick. If you are buying a rifle, take a number and go look at another part of the store for a while.

I've been there when all the counter staff are wandering about LOOKING for someone to talk to, please, can I help you with SOMETHING.... I've also waited forty five minuted to have my number called...... it goes both ways. Times I've seen eight counter staff and two checkers on duty, not counting the Gun Library staff.... other times one checker and two counter staff. I suppose, when the scheduling is set up a week or two ahead, it is impossible to predict the traffic to expect. I've been in there weekday evenings when it was near deserted, and mid-day on workdays when I couldn't get to the counter for a long time. SO-- I show up, take my number, prowl the stacks for interesting things, troll through the used long gun racks (I've found some real bargains there...) check the ammunition stocks.. by the bye, they DO have bulk ammo, some factory reload, some new major brand. Prices are OK, not great, but the selection and quantity available is amazing. When other stores have more empty slots than boxes of ammo, they've got full shelves. They also have a lot of options not seen anywhere else. The ONLY place, other than Sportsman's Warehouse just round the corner, with .32 H&R Mag.. but theirs was some brand I've not seen before, so don't know it, and was quite dear.. so it is still there. Cabela's prices on ammo are generally lower than I've seen at gun shows, but rather more dear than Wal/Bi mart. To be expected, though. One thing I really appreciate is that, once your number is called, there is NO PRESS whatever to get your business done with so they can move on to the next one. And ever one of them (most of them, by now) I've dealt with is VERY knowledgeable in some specialties, and generally very well informed into the bargain. And, each knows the particular interests of most of the others, so if I've a query on some arcane thing HE doesn't know of, he'll take the resident expert aside for a moment and put the question to him for me...... worth the wait. I often will shop their unline Gun Library listings, and have seen some amazing bargains on there.. and own at least one of them now. Narrowly missed another as well. But, know what things are worth, because many of their GL prices are rather steep..... I've seen the Lacey's staff blink and shake their heads at a couple of the guns shipped in from other GL's. You paid HOW much? That is a bargain....... wish I'd known......

Anyone planning on going there in the next couple of days? I'm in Vancouver area and will not make up there soon. Need a purchase made. I would love a favor on an on sale item prior to expiration. ANYONE going to Cabelas in Lacy, call me so I can at least plead my case.
Thanks Much.
Jon

Do I smell a group buy??? :huh:

I LOVE Cabela's. Its about an hour and a half drive from where I am but its great. Usually good selection for ammo, though their gun prices are steep 90% of the time. Great clean store, everything youd need for the outdoors.

Well, I voted Very Good, instead of excellent, only because for the two times I've driven there, from Oregon City, the place has been so swamped, I couldn't look at stuff, let alone get any help. Both times, I walked out in frustration. That's good for the store, however, and I'm pleased for them.

WAYNO.

Drove 60 miles to see the place, WOW, it's frickin' Disneyland for gun lovers,best selection of everyting of anyplace I've seen. Gotta try the elk and ostrich sandwhich in their cafeteria! Next time, I'll plain on spending a couple hours of quality oggeling over stuff time.
~Shiny side up,
Ken

Gave them a 5. Huge selection, had everything I could ever want..

They also waived sales tax since we are from oregon. Great place, just too bad it's so far away. Wish they would bring a cabela's to the portland area.

I agree, my daughter lives in Seattle now, she was in Olympia. I seem to have to stop every visit.
Awesome store, only better was the Bass Pro Shop in Vegas, but I never have reason to go there. Maybe when I go to Front Sight.

It's a destination. Great fun for whole family. Yes, lines are long. Grab a ticket then go eat elk or buffalo burger... Surprised to see very good deals on sale items like a Sig P220 Match for $800 right after Christmas. Fun place.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.