JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys in the reloading dept are very helpful and knowledgeable. Its hit & miss service in the gun dept. Some guys do not even know what things they have in stock.

Used gun selection is very good. Most of the pricing is market rate, but there are some deals to be found.

Going to get one of my old sXs appraised there soon. Hopefully can get a good deal/

Dont count on getting A good deal if your selling A gun you will get A better price if used as A trade in

I noticed that the way this guy was holding the pistols, they were pointed straight at me. I insisted he be careful were he points those and his reply was simply "oh, but they're unloaded". The sales associate didn't have any response or concern with how the man was handling the pistols.

I encountered the same thing, in this case not only did the sales associate not think it was a big deal, it was him that said "They're unloaded". A few minutes later I grabbed a holster off the shelf, and took a number. When my number came up, 5 minutes later or so, I asked to see a Glock 23 for a test fit. Same guy that said "They're unloaded" said "All outta 23's right now" and I said "Well let me see the Glock 19 please" to which he replied, "Different gun man, the two won't fit the same holsters, the 23 slide is a lot wider to accomodate such a bigger round than 9mm." I explained they weren't any different dimensionally, but he continued to argue until his boss corrected him and told him just to get the 19 out for me to test fit. I told him not to bother, I wouldn't be buying it there, and I told him of his sales associates cavalier attitude toward some numbnuts pointing a gun at me in the store.

I've been back there since, and had no further issues. Love their selection, and when they have a sale, its usually well worth the drive.

Called the online Store to order a Browning pistol package and was told they did not have it at the Lacy Store but they had acouple at other stores. So I said thatwas ok and that they could transfer it from another store. He told me that they would call me in 3 days. Well no call so i called them. The guy I talked to said that there was nothing on my order and he is going to talk to the supersivor and call me back today. I have a feeling that Lacy Cabelas droppped the ball and did not transfer it. I have a feeling I will not get a call today and I will be calling tonight to talk to him to find out they do not have anymore in stock or it will be acouple more weeks. My first encounter with Cabelas is not off to a good start. Well let wait and see what happens today.

Usually no hassle once you've actually decided to buy a firearm. Up until then, good luck. There are too many lookers and not enough room for all of them at the counter. It causes a problem when you actually want to look at something that you're interested in buying. The gun counter employee has to stand there with you until you're done, so you feel rushed the whole time and can never really inspect anything.

They used to have a decent used rack. Recently, it seems they've reduced it to a single unit rack, and what's there is generally only hunting rifles/shotguns. There used to be a ton of milsurp and oddball firearms there. I don't know if this is just a supply/demand issue, or if they decided this wasn't profitable and gave up on it. Too bad, because it was almost the only reason I ever made impulse visits to Cabela's. Also, bolts/actions on everything is zip-tied shut, so once again you can't inspect the used firearms properly.

Never really anything interesting in the gun library. It's worth a look, but I've never seen anything I would want to buy. Mostly fudd-customized guns and expensive used pistols.

Cabela's is another place that shares one of my biggest beefs with gun stores - will not budge on their $50 FFL transfer fee, even for returning customers.

Ammo selection is of course extensive, and usually decently priced. If you know how to order online, there's really no reason to go to Cabela's, but I've always been impressed by what sorts of calibers and loads I could grab in a pinch if I forgot to order something recently.

The highlight of my Cabela's experiences though was when someone was looking at a used Romanian WASR in 7.62x39. The customer claimed that the AK is so popular "because it will shoot any caliber ammo that will fit into it," and the employee didn't even bother to argue with him on this. I pointed out how extremely unsafe that would be, and was met with glossy dead-eyed stares by both. Fine, go ahead and try to shoot some 30-06 out of that WASR.

I stopped by to get a few mags and a box of .45

No problems, enjoy the eye candy by the gun library. Busy on weekends. I would rather take my money to my local homegrown "kitchen table" FFL but i like to window shop there first.

Great to go in and look, if you like fighting through the herd, but as many said here, sale items are about the only deals to be had, and even that's not a gimme. Be prepared to pay about 40-80 dollars more for a handgun than your run of the mill store.

I have to say that they are some of the few places I will go to when I need something. And their not price gouging either. They had .45 ammo for $20 which isnt bad considering Surplus Ammo is selling the same for $22. I live here and it's always fun to go in and see everything they have, plus my boys love seeing the animals on display. I've always had good customer service at the gun counter.

The .223/556 is the ammo that they are sold out of. Since this whole craziness began, there hasn't been much ammo on the shelves. But I was in there last friday at about 4:30 p.m. and they had like 20 something ar's on the shelf. A few of em were bushmasters carbon 15 at $899, windham weaponry ar's at $1399 and some others like black rain ordnance at like $3400 IIRC.

Had a bad experience at this store. Bought a fairly expensive used gun, took it home. Once at home, I took the (pistol) action apart and discovered that some time in the past, somebody had done some home gunsmithing on one of the parts. Which would've had some impact on the collector value of the gun. This was back when Cabela's still had a return policy. So I took the gun all the way back, over 100 miles one way for me. I was given a real big run-around, had to talk to about four different people, all of whom made their own opinionated remarks. Basically, they said I was at fault for not taking the gun apart there in the store before I bought it. Which is pretty contrary to what most stores will allow. I think this stipulation was just a cover. Anyway, after nearly an hour of back and forth, finally it was decided that they would take back the gun but would withhold a "re-stocking fee." Which I had to be okay with. I was now dealing with the department manager and that was his "final" ruling. In the meantime, my grandson had been detained by in-store security for running around while I was upstairs trying to deal with this problem. I don't remember what the re-stocking fee was but I judged it was worth it to let them have this expensive gun back.

On another occasion, I bought an ordinary price range pistol at Cabela's in Tulalip, I got it home and discovered it had a broken spring. At the time, their guarantee was they would have the gun repaired at "their gunsmith" or refund your purchase price. My initial dealings had been with one of the grunt-level "outfitters" and I wanted to just return the gun, period. So the manager was called over, right away he said, "Give the man his money back; if he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it."

One other time I was sold a broken gun at Cabela's in Tulalip. It was an older automatic, no longer made, parts very difficult to find. The hammer wouldn't reset after firing a live round; the hammer would fall. Something was wrong with the sear or the hammer itself. When given the choice of them trying to get it fixed or get a refund, I thought the time involved in attempting a repair would be long so took the refund. This transaction in itself wasn't particularly eventful. BUT: I've kinda come to the conclusion that many people take their broken guns to Cabela's just to move them along as quickly as possible. Cabela's doesn't test anything so how would they ever know they had a broken gun on the sales floor?? I guess the system is just to let the customer be the QC department but that doesn't work well now that they've eliminated their return policy.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.