Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cabela's in Springfield: Hornady FTX vs. Zombie Max

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by AudibleEnforcer, Feb 11, 2012.

1. AudibleEnforcer

AudibleEnforcer Alabama Active Member

Same ballistics (same load, period), but their Zombie-Max ammo in all calibers (yes, even .223) are on clearance. It comes out to be about $1-2 cheaper than their normal rate on Hornady FTX rounds.

If you don't mind the ballistic tip being booger green instead of dead-red, and the casing being brass instead of silver (colored), then you might as well save a few bucks. These, and the Winchester PDX-1's have become my carry ammo of choice, and I never seem to see them on sale, so whether or not you consider this a 'great deal', is up to you.

(though I did score a 'great deal' on my first Glock there, though it took me 2 FLIPPING HOURS to get out the door once I haggled may way into a deal.)

2. AudibleEnforcer

AudibleEnforcer Alabama Active Member

It would've been fine, but we live 2 hours away, and my Dad goes to bed at like 5pm, I swear.

Dude, that was your 666th post. Get behind me, Satan!

Anyways, back to the point. They really need to give you a pager-thingy like some restaurants do. That way you're free to shop the rest of the store while you wait. Had I known it would've been that long, I would have gone to the gun counter first (instead of the restroom) :) and then gone shopping.

skydiver and (deleted member) like this.