JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just read this on another blog and thought it important enough to post the information here (hope that's within the rules).
Cabela's was told they wouldn't be allowed to display AR platform rifles or "large capacity" mags at Pennsylvania's largest outdoor sports show next month.
It;s scheduled to be held in Harrisburg, Pennsylvannia
Cabela's decision was to state they would withdraw from the show if this decision stayed in force.

Cabela's pulls out of Harrisburg outdoor show over assault weapons ban | PoconoRecord.com

I know I will continue to shop Cabela's and wrote them a letter thanking them for their support of the 2nd Amendment.

Maybe some others would also like to write and say thank you.

Glad to see Cabela's standing up to this! I don't always like their pricing but I like the fact that they are not afraid to lose a few dollars to show their support for the Second Amendment!
Thanks for sharing!

I am glad to hear this as well,

I have spent a lot of cash at Cabela's the last few years, it would really pizz me off if they coward to these ignorant idiots who really do not know the difference between an AR15 and M16, who do know the true history behind the 2A and why it is so important.

After hearing what Dick's sporting goods to unfilled black friday orders on AR's, I sent both cabela's and Buds online an email telling them they really build a strong relationship with gun owners if tehy weret owrk out a deal with the manaufacturers to get special price so they could offer to honor the deals the Dicks renigged on. I hope one of them do so,

I also wrote Cabela's. I appreciate a business that does not cave to presser to do what they think the public or the news media wants. They stand up for what is truly right and support their customers by supporting the rights of their customers to continue to buy and own their products.
This is an all out war on our Second Amendment rights and we need all the help we can get. I have a pile of letters on the table in front of me going out to elected officials of all types to try to convince them to do the right thing and not attack our gun rights. Haven't bought this many stamps in many years!

Thanks Kumabear17 for posting this. I too wrote Cabela's thanking them for standing up for our rights. I also posted the link on another site!

Not only should we write to these companies but also send them links to threads like this. Letters are great but sometimes it seems like there is much more said in thread like this.

According to AmmoLans's daily update there have been 40 others who have pulled their displays plus a bunch of speakers. Turns out thise show's promoter is a UK group.
Here's the link with the full list AmmoLand has provided:
List Of Exhibitors Boycotting The Anti-Black Rifle Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show

There's a heck of alot more than just 40 on that list.

I also see alot of non-AR and even non-rifle interests listed too...knife and bow companies, hunting associations, etc. It makes me very happy to see that all of the different venues and cliques associated with what we call 'oudoor sports' are banding together with the 'tactical shooters'. Everyone needs to combine their support at this time.

Keith

I have been an exhibitor at large sportsman shows like this in the past. There is no way that show is large enough to remain in business with that many exibitors and sponsors leaving. You also have to figure that since word of the pull out is spread as far as Oregon and Washington that the locals would sure know about it. So its hard to imagine how many people would even bother going to see the few exibitors left in the room.

They postponed it. Their message annoys me. ARs are used for hunting. Many aren't but its true for other rifles that are used to plink, shoot at matches, etc. They just aren't as scary.

<broken link removed>
Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Update - January 24, 2013

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

"Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event&rsquo;s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families," said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. "In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

"It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year&rsquo;s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

"ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top