JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I heard on the news this evening that Cabela's is going to be opening a 100,000 square feet store in Tualatin. It won't open till fall of 2014, but its going to be 100,000 square feet! It will be nice to be able to go to one and not have to plan for it during a trip to see family is southern oregon or eastern Washington.

Anyone else excited about this?

Its on their webpage under news releases, have to go through investor relations to see it. They confirm 110K feet, a little smaller than I would hope, about the size of the Tulalip store.

It was on the evening news tonight they are going into the old K mart store location on Nyberg Road (on the way out to Tri County Gun Club I believe.

Thankfully for our family its not opening until late 2014 as my Daughter and Son inlaw currently live in Willsonville and work in Portland.

They are working on buying a house down here in the Silverton Area. If Cabelas opens before the move they will never be able to save the down payment money nor will they be able to store all the fishing crap the SIL will be stocking up on LOL.

I'm gonna go buy a tent and set it up next to the construction fence to hold my spot in line (Like they do at REI downtown:)) Wonder how long before they figure out no one is in it.

Prices are rediculously high and this will kill long time firearms merchants.

HUH? If their prices are rediculously higher then the LGS then they won't be pulling much business unless its based on selection. And if someone wants to buy a specific firearm they will go where they can get it. In fact they may actually help the smaller shops if their advertizing draws people to the are that after seeing Cabelas high prices decide to go down the road a bit and see whats available.

Prices are rediculously high and this will kill long time firearms merchants.

Yes the prices are stupid high on most everything. I never go to cabelas in Springfield anymore. Dang rip off. Crappy service a lot also. It's a place to look, but to buy, I would rather go to bimart first. And money for me isn't tight. I'm just turned off by there prices.

Well, I did buy there Alaknak 12x20 tent. Found one on craigslist unopened for $900, usually goes for $1200. Very pleased with its quality, had the stove custom made though. I would suggest the Alaknak series to any serious all weather hunters for sure.

Yeah, I saw the article this morning in the Oregonian. My first thought was how is is going to impact my savings account................... :s0112:

if you don't have one, get their credit card. During Christmas they have deals like if you buy $500 worth of stuff you get a $100 off. I use mine for everything, pay it off every month, then wait tell the Big sale comes on and end up scoring PRETTY well.

if you don't have one, get their credit card. During Christmas they have deals like if you buy $500 worth of stuff you get a $100 off. I use mine for everything, pay it off every month, then wait tell the Big sale comes on and end up scoring PRETTY well.

It also accumulates points quicker and often has better shipping rates.

I'm glad to see it but will still continue to buy guns and ammo at NWarmory

They always been good to us on their pricing, got M&P Shield 9 for $400, M&P 22 $369

Picked up 9mm limited to 100 rounds at $16/50 round box.

Things I would have bought at Dick's I'll shop for at Cabela's now

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads