JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Democracy is the most insidious lie in political history. The most submissive sheep are the ones who think they are free. Supposedly representative government combined with the social contract canard has created the most brainwashed societies on the planet.

Hans-Hermann Hoppe exposing the democracy lie:

[video=youtube_share;MIUSctVPCCU]http://youtu.be/MIUSctVPCCU[/video]

he has some good points but in reality his time line is a bit more than flawed. the first kings would have been the roman patriarchs and generals that had previous control over feudal Europe. secondly the power was obtained by paying people to fight for them, with the addition of promised payment in one form or another. his theories are not actually based on events that took place.

he has some good points but in reality his time line is a bit more than flawed. the first kings would have been the roman patriarchs and generals that had previous control over feudal Europe. secondly the power was obtained by paying people to fight for them, with the addition of promised payment in one form or another. his theories are not actually based on events that took place.

Even Roman emperors and medieval kings were routinely overthrown. Good luck getting that kind of mulligan with the US regime.

true, there was only one roman emperor that gained power through succession and he was one of the last as well. his time line is a load of crap, that was all i meant to point out.

true, there was only one roman emperor that gained power through succession and he was one of the last as well. his time line is a load of crap, that was all i meant to point out.

Maybe, but I think it's irrelevant. Hoppe was following the development of political ruling classes in Europe in the last 1000 years. There are exceptions elsewhere, i.e. nominal democracy has existed even in ancient times, but back then it was not used as a deliberate method of political control, as it is today. The exceptions don't disprove what he said about the method of power consolidation through the different periods of time.

actually it does disprove his theory. the method of deliberation did not occur in europe in the times that he says they do. it may possibly be how states came to be at one point at/or in some places but by using the example that he did, he disproves the bulk of his theory by basing it on fictional instances. every democracy has failed because it had been used to promote personal status and power by individuals who feel themselves higher than other. we do not live in a democracy though we choose our leaders using a democratic method. we live in something that resembles democracy but much closer to a aristocracy, known as a republic. something he completely neglected to mention in his dissertation; another problem i have with his theory. if he plans to claim knowledge of how a state has gained power over the people who it is supposed to support, he should be able to cover all of the bases. the republic system is the most common in the world today and some dictatorships even claim to be a republic.

the guy had some good points but he is no expert on governmental bodies of any type, except maybe his hypothetical ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pork - that thing should be shot just for making so much noise.

Wake - sure about that? They'll just make shooting or harassing them in any way a class A felony with a minimum term of 20 years. Then no one will do a thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top