JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow. I don't think politicians [federal, state, local] should be exempt from any law or regulation they impose on others.
I'll raise you by saying that anyone in a position of public trust (elected, appointee, agency, police/fire/education) committing a crime should face a Treble Damages penalty-enhancement on both time and fines, except that this penalty shouldn't turn a misdemeanor into a felony or elevate past Life Without Parole.

Apparently, the law in question was this one on concealed carry:
Bill Text - SB-610 Firearms: license to carry concealed firearm. (http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201120120SB610)

but the following language was removed before it was signed into law:
"(b) The good cause requirement shall be deemed met for either the following: (1) Any applicant who is a member of Congress, a statewide elected official, or a Member of the Legislature, for protection or self-defense. (2) The licensing authority fails to make a determination of good cause within 30-days of the application."

So it's much ado about nothing, unless they later snuck it in somewhere else.

Just because they removed the explicit language, does not mean there is no special treatment. Hell, one of the ways you can tell if someone is a member of the ruling class, is that the laws do not, in any real sense, apply to them. Look at Hitlary...

Wow. I don't think politicians [federal, state, local] should be exempt from any law or regulation they impose on others.

Yeah, I believe in unicorns too. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads