JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i was thinking about selling my Glock 19 gen 3 and wanted to see what going rate was on gunbroker, boy was i surprised to see a new G19 gen 3 CA compliant selling for over $800!... then I took a look at a Calguns firearms board in northern california and i saw classifieds asking for $1200! for a nib glock 19 and used ones for $900.
Their ammo classifieds has a posting restricting anyone from selling no more than 500 rds per month! and i think they need to use an FFL for the transaction? geez glad i got out of there when i could, looks like the Ellen dedangerous Liberals have really cornered the gun community their. :s0002:geez... louise

What makes a Glock 'California Compliant' ?

Age or some kinda specific feature? I did a quick Google search, all I see is ads for Compliant guns. No explanation of what makes them so.

What makes a Glock 'California Compliant' ?

Age or some kinda specific feature? I did a quick Google search, all I see is ads for Compliant guns. No explanation of what makes them so.
it has to be gen 3 or older. Mags of course 10 max cap and Currently gen 4,5 are off roster.

it has to be gen 3 or older. Mags of course 10 max cap and Currently gen 4,5 are off roster.
The older Glocks were previously on the roster before subsequent laws came along. Newer Glocks (and other newer handguns) can't pass roster muster because they do not have required "micro-stamping." Consequently, the only way to get a non-roster gun is purchase one PPT from someone who moved here and brought it into the state or to purchase from a LEO in some cases or Intrafamilial transfer.

Consequently, non-roster handguns sell at a premium in California. For example, a H&K VP9 that sells in WA for $475 - $675 sells for $1,000 to $1,300 in CA (and maybe more with a COVID/empty gun store penalty.) I saw someone trying to sell a H&K VP9sk for $1,900 last week. Gen 5 Glocks are like this as well.

This is why I try not to spend too much time on Northwest Firearms handgun classifieds. It is just too painful to see that which is out of my reach at such affordable pricing. :s0054:

The older Glocks were previously on the roster before subsequent laws came along. Newer Glocks (and other newer handguns) can't pass roster muster because they do not have required "micro-stamping." Consequently, the only way to get a non-roster gun is purchase one PPT from someone who moved here and brought it into the state or to purchase from a LEO in some cases or Intrafamilial transfer.

Consequently, non-roster handguns sell at a premium in California. For example, a H&K VP9 that sells in WA for $475 - $675 sells for $1,000 to $1,300 in CA (and maybe more with a COVID/empty gun store penalty.) I saw someone trying to sell a H&K VP9sk for $1,900 last week. Gen 5 Glocks are like this as well.

This is why I try not to spend too much time on Northwest Firearms handgun classifieds. It is just too painful to see that which is out of my reach at such affordable pricing. :s0054:

I may just decide to make a trip Down south and get some of that $ pie

Unfortunately, you can not just bring non-roster handguns across the border to sell. Likewise, I cannot just go across the border and take all your beautiful cheap handguns home with me.

DISCLAIMER - I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY AND DO NOT PLAY ONE ON TV OR THE INTERNET. SEEK APPROPRIATE LEGAL COUNSEL / INFORMATION

However, if I was moving my residence to California, I would check out the process, purchase appropriate non-roster handguns, register them as a new resident, and then pay for my move by selling said guns on a PPT basis.

Unfortunately, you can not just bring non-roster handguns across the border to sell. Likewise, I cannot just go across the border and take all your beautiful cheap handguns home with me.

DISCLAIMER - I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY AND DO NOT PLAY ONE ON TV OR THE INTERNET. SEEK APPROPRIATE LEGAL COUNSEL / INFORMATION

However, if I was moving my residence to California, I would check out the process, purchase appropriate non-roster handguns, register them as a new resident, and then pay for my move by selling said guns on a PPT basis.
Right" but a gen 3 is on the roster so that shouldn't apply, From what I heard you can bring your firearms to CA be it on or not on roster if the are already registered in your name, only thing not allowed are hi cap mags. If someone has different information please lmk.

Right" but a gen 3 is on the roster so that shouldn't apply, From what I heard you can bring your firearms to CA be it on or not on roster if the are already registered in your name, only thing not allowed are hi cap mags. If someone has different information please lmk.

I was initially quoting you speaking about Gen 3 or older being on the roster. (post#10)

I then responded to you about your statement " I may just decide to make a trip Down south and get some of that $ pie." (post #11) The difference is that if you are moving to CA you can bring them and eventually sell them. However, if you are "visting" or "making a trip", then in most cases no you can't.

Ammo going thru FFL has been there for a while.
And if you are visiting from out of state it is impossible to legally purchase ammo, unless at a range where it is used.

As others have noted you can't take something down there to sell. You also can't use an FFL out of state if it is off roster. If you move there, you have to register all handguns...at a cost of course.

Just checked, number of recently added guns to the roster. One, Colt Python. Recently removed (aka no longer available), hundreds.

My understanding of the law is that as the father of a son who lives in the PRK I can "gift" him an off roster handgun from time to time (infrequently)
It cannot come with magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. He of course can't just turn it over as soon as he gets it. Maybe once or twice but he runs the risk of being busted for being a straw buyer.

Intrafamilial transfers are not hard but must be between the rights persons:

'immediate family' definition
- parent to child, child to parent
- grandparent to grandchild, grandchild to grandparent
AND NO OTHER RELATIONSHIP,

- and handled per federal law. Here are four related threads to help:

From personal experience it works! However, your biggest problem may be finding FFLs who are knowledgeable and/or willing to take the time to learn a new legal revenue source.

Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads