JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
well after reading the bill here
<broken link removed>

ANY ONE except John Q Public can carry

7574.14. This chapter shall not apply to the following:
(a) An officer or employee of the United States of America, or of
this state or a political subdivision thereof,

(b) A person engaged exclusively in the business of obtaining and
furnishing information as to the financial rating of persons.

(c) A charitable philanthropic society or association incorporated
under the laws of this state that is organized and duly maintained
for the public good and not for private profit.

(d) Patrol special police officers appointed by the police
commission of any city, county, or city and county under the express
terms of its charter who also under the express terms of the charter

(e) An attorney at law in performing his or her duties as an
attorney at law.

(f) A collection agency or an employee thereof while acting within
the scope of his or her employment, while making an investigation
incidental to the business of the agency,

(g) Admitted insurers and agents and insurance brokers licensed by
the state, performing duties in connection with insurance transacted
by them.

(h) Any bank subject to the jurisdiction of the Commissioner of
Financial Institutions of the State of California under Division 1
(commencing with Section 99) of the Financial Code or the Comptroller
of Currency of the United States.

(i) A person engaged solely in the business of securing
information about persons or property from public records.

(j) A peace officer of this state or a political subdivision
thereof while the peace officer is employed by a private employer to
engage in off-duty employment in accordance with Section 1126 of the
Government Code.

(k) A retired peace officer of the state or political subdivision

(l) A licensed insurance adjuster in performing his or her duties
within the scope of his or her license as an insurance adjuster.

(m) Any savings association subject to the jurisdiction of the
Commissioner of Financial Institutions or the Office of Thrift
Supervision.

(n) Any secured creditor engaged in the repossession of the
creditor's collateral and any lessor engaged in the repossession of
leased property in which it claims an interest.
employer.

I just moved down here into the heart of the beast (no choice so dont ask why) This was one of 3 anti gun laws signed into law on sunday. Open carry ban, long gun registration (adds to the hand gun registration already in place) and the fees they charge for DROS (dealer report of sale) are supposed to be going up. One good veto that happened was the ammo bill (more paperwork required for purchasing handgun ammo) and from the veto letter Moonbeam says he veto'd it due to litigation being ongoing with the same basic bill from last year. I dont know how long I can live in a state like this one.

The open carry ban was more of a 1A defeat than a 2A defeat because Unloaded Open Carry was more of a statement than an actual functioning means of defence. The one good thing about this is it may offer a path for Shal issue in CA (which is debated by a lot of people on calguns) by eliminating the one cary method that the courts said, removed the requirement of issuing carry permits.

This is all my interpretation from reading on the forums, I am sure I am not 100% accurate on everything stated and I am not a lawyer or politician. I am just a gun owner sitting in a tornado of liberalism that is destroying the country one stupid law at a time.

I just moved down here into the heart of the beast (no choice so dont ask why) This was one of 3 anti gun laws signed into law on sunday. Open carry ban, long gun registration (adds to the hand gun registration already in place) and the fees they charge for DROS (dealer report of sale) are supposed to be going up. One good veto that happened was the ammo bill (more paperwork required for purchasing handgun ammo) and from the veto letter Moonbeam says he veto'd it due to litigation being ongoing with the same basic bill from last year. I dont know how long I can live in a state like this one.

The open carry ban was more of a 1A defeat than a 2A defeat because Unloaded Open Carry was more of a statement than an actual functioning means of defence. The one good thing about this is it may offer a path for Shal issue in CA (which is debated by a lot of people on calguns) by eliminating the one cary method that the courts said, removed the requirement of issuing carry permits.

This is all my interpretation from reading on the forums, I am sure I am not 100% accurate on everything stated and I am not a lawyer or politician. I am just a gun owner sitting in a tornado of liberalism that is destroying the country one stupid law at a time.

Good luck my friend. Keep your head down and don't get any on ya.

well after reading the bill here
<broken link removed>

ANY ONE except John Q Public can carry

7574.14. This chapter shall not apply to the following:
(a) An officer or employee of the United States of America, or of
this state or a political subdivision thereof,

(b) A person engaged exclusively in the business of obtaining and
furnishing information as to the financial rating of persons.

(c) A charitable philanthropic society or association incorporated
under the laws of this state that is organized and duly maintained
for the public good and not for private profit.

Item c) then would exempt NRA members or Red Cross or members of the local non-profit soccer association? Lots of exceptions listed. It is a bad law, but with all of these exceptions I'm sure I would fit in somewhere....

So let me get this straight. The Federal government said that they're going to go after medical mj distribution centers in Kali because they violate federal drug laws. Why aren't they also going after them for violating the Constitution then? Shall not be infringed is pretty damn simple to understand.

all this will be new battles probably all the way up to SCOTUS. It will cost both sides way too much money to get there and the results of which are as predictable as a name drawn from a hat full of other names. I hate to be pesemistic but california loves to spend money it doesnt have on stuff it shouldnt be spending money on. My hope is these new restrictions (and all other assinine laws) go down in flames never to resurface but I have a hard time being optimistic. I need to move to nevada its only 2 hours away.

So let me get this straight. The Federal government said that they're going to go after medical mj distribution centers in Kali because they violate federal drug laws. Why aren't they also going after them for violating the Constitution then? Shall not be infringed is pretty damn simple to understand.

Clearly...you have no nuance...you're not a sophisticate.
Do you think things mean what they say ...like...all the time?

pffft.

Kommiefornia is such a dump, it's so liberal, that even most "Liberal" liberals are not "Liberal" enough, and are cast out.

Maybe a earthquake that causes Kommiefornia to slide into the pacific would be a good thing.

That's just my opinion anyway.

I like a lot of places in CA. I will probably never see them again unless things change. I will also try to avoid spending money with any business located there.

Item c) then would exempt NRA members or Red Cross or members of the local non-profit soccer association? Lots of exceptions listed. It is a bad law, but with all of these exceptions I'm sure I would fit in somewhere....

I don't think the NRA is incorporated in CA, which is one of the requirements.

you would have to get them to learn to read first
and then get them to read the constitution and bill of rights

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top