JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gov. Brown signs open carry ban in CA; Washington has protections

Open carry advocates are fuming with the news that California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed legislation banning the open carry of unloaded handguns, a situation that does not portend gloom or doom for Washington State open carriers.

<broken link removed>

The citizens of CA should amend their state Constitution to add a right to keep and bear arms, including concealed arms. They need to take the initiative and put it on the ballot. CA is one of the few states without a listed right to keep and bear arms.

Assemblyman Anthony Portantino, D-Pasadena, said; “It’s not if somebody is going be shot, it’s when somebody is going to be shot,” he said. “We have the opportunity to avoid that, and that’s why this is so critical.” “Main Street California is not the Old West, and you don’t need a gun to buy a cheeseburger,”

“By prohibiting the open carry of guns, we can now take our families to the park or out to eat without the worry of getting shot by some untrained, unscreened, self-appointed vigilante,” Dallas Stout, president of the California chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said in a statement.

Nope! you’ll be shot by some gang banger you idiots! How any gun enthusiast could vote Democrat I'll never understand. It must take a certain kind on "enlightenment".

Wow big loss, now they can't carry their unloaded guns anymore.

Not sure if serious

I don't see what the big deal is.If the Californians cared they would change the laws.
They don't care so the laws won't be changed.

We need a place to send the anti gunners anyway.

All we have to do is make sure our states don't EVEN TRY to change our gun laws.

By voting

I am dead serious. California was allowed to open carry only unloaded guns, what’s the point?

Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence already have passed loaded firearms bans.

Don’t get me wrong, it sucks. IMO California is some of the most beautiful country and best weather this Earth has to offer, it blows that they have gone full ra-tard.

See this is one of Washington's good attributes .We have the preemptive clause so the cities can't lowly destroy our gun laws
Although Seattle tries

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top