JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if the guy went on to become a productive member of society, hunting, having a family, voting, and all that, or if he went and got jailed, then turned homeless... 12 years is a long time. Graduated probably 10-11 years ago, so thats something to consider. He's now about 29?
He is on Facebook and Instagram. Apprentice/Lineman at Pacific Gas and Electric Company in Davis California.

Gary.jpg

-E-

It really is interesting how times change. I still remember when schools pretty much turned into ghost towns during deer season. Nearly 3/4ths of the student body and half the teaching staff off a week at a time out hunting. Classes combined from all age groups and remaining teachers relagated to glorified babysitters trying to keep those that remained entertained with board games and multiple daily movie reels from the library... since it was pointless to carry on with actual academic studies with so many "missing".

Long guns on rifle hooks in the back windows of student vehicles nearly year round wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. At least in that respect the kid was acting responsibly.

Well I never saw this! I didn't join the board until 9/11/11.
Your flight got delayed that day, huh?

WTH's the matter with these people? When the goof on the schools part is realized, just step up and do the right thing! Say "Oops, nevermind. Thanks for your support".
Progressives NEVER admit they're wrong and will only double down….. they're prisoners to their own egos.

Surprised they didn't try to get him on CA 626.9

"Penal Code 626.9 PC is California's Gun-Free School Zone Act. This statute prohibits a person from possessing or discharging a firearm in a school zone. An area is considered a school zone if it is within 1,000 feet of public or private school grounds."

It's the California derivative of the 1990 Gun Free School Zone act sponsored by
Biden.

Expulsion for guns in truck overturned by education board
Published Saturday, Jan. 23, 2010

In the end, the case of a Willows teenager expelled for having hunting guns in his pickup truck parked next to campus didn't focus on gun rights.

It became a question of whether the authority of school officials to enforce the state's Education Code extended to the school fence or a sidewalk's width beyond it.

On Friday, members of the Glenn County Board of Education drew the line at the gates of Willows High School.

They ruled that officials in the Willows Unified School District had exceeded their authority when they expelled Gary Tudesko a 17-year-old with a history of disciplinary problems for leaving two shotguns and ammunition in his truck parked a few feet from the school's tennis courts on a public street.

"The district governing board acted in excess of its jurisdiction to expel the Pupil," the board wrote in its decision.

The elected board members said they would not comment on their decision because disciplinary proceedings are normally confidential.The board's hearing Tuesday, at which members heard legal arguments, was open to the public at Tudesko's parents' request.

On the morning of Oct. 26, Tudeskoand a friend went waterfowl hunting. Tudesko brought the guns to school so he wouldn't be late. He said he knew he couldn't bring them on campus but thought it was OK to park on a public street.

Later that morning, a gunsniffing dog discovered the weapons as private security guards searched the campus perimeter. The guns were in the back seat of the truck, which was separated from campus only by an oleander hedge and the sidewalk.

In overturning the teen's expulsion, county Board of Education members cited a state statute that requires a principal to recommend expulsion if a student possesses firearms "at school."

The board found Tudesko had not possessed the shotguns "on school grounds."

They also said Tudesko did not receive a fair expulsion hearing in November because he wasn't given adequate notice that two dozen prior disciplinary incidents would be presented as evidence against him, and he didn't have a chance to respond.

According to a brief filed by the school district's lawyer, those charges included calling a teacher's assistant a "stupid Mexican," disrupting a showing of "To Kill a Mockingbird" by repeatedly saying the "N" word, which Tudesko denied, and writing on a final exam that his math teacher was a "b ."

After board President Judy Holzapfel read the unanimous decision aloud Friday, supporters cheered and applauded.

Tudesko, his mother, Susan Parisio, and their lawyers smiled and hugged.

At a news conference afterward, Parisio said, "Gary didn't do anything wrong" when he left the guns in his truck. The prior incidents were "blown out of proportion," she said.

Tudesko said he felt his prior disciplinary troubles had been raised to justify his expulsion.

"I think that's really the only thing they had on me. They couldn't get me for the guns," he said.

"I won," he added.

The high school junior, who has been home schooled since he was expelled, said he is excited to return to school as soon as possible. He vowed to improve his failing grades in math, English and history and avoid further trouble.

"I need to grow up and take advantage of school," he said.

Willows school officials exited the county education offices demoralized.

Principal Mort Geivett said he believes he did the right thing by recommending expulsion. Having guns so close to campus in the wake of school shootings around the country raised grave safety concerns, he said.

"I'm disappointed," he said. "I don't think it's a good call for kids in this community."

Steve Olmos, superintendent of the Willows Unified School District, said he believes the board's decision was based on politics in the conservative, rural county.

He said he will meet with the board of the Willows school district to discuss legal options.Thecash-strapped district cannot easily afford to take the case to court, he said, and might seek help from teachers unions.

It is vital, he said, to determine whether school officials can enforce student conduct in the area immediately surrounding campuses.

Chuck Michel, a prominent gun-rights lawyer who handled Tudesko's case, agreed that the phrase "at school" in the Education Code needs to be better defined.

Sections of the code dealing with expulsion, firearms and other disciplinary matters are a confusing tangle of passages tacked on over the years, and the courts have offered little guidance, he said.

He urged lawmakers to draft legislation to clean up the Education Code and to make it clear where and under what circumstances it applies.

"I hope this case provides the basis to go to Sacramento and get the law clarified," Michel said, "so you don't have any more Gary Tudeskos."

© Copyright The Sacramento Bee. All rights reserved.
What the hell are piss ant security guards doing with gun sniffing dogs? Does not sound like "observe and report" to me. What are they going to do if a student has one on school campus? act like cops and shoot the kid? Why did they leave school grounds to let the dog sniff the truck? their jobs only apply to the property of their employer, once again they are not cops.

Last Edited:
What the hell are piss ant security guards doing with gun sniffing dogs? Does not sound like "observe and report" to me. What are they going to do if a student has one on school campus? act like cops and shoot the kid? Why did they leave school grounds to let the dog sniff the truck? their jobs only apply to the property of their employer, once again they are not cops.
Most LEO working dogs are cross trained for both drug sniffing and gun sniffing.

What the hell are piss ant security guards doing with gun sniffing dogs? Does not sound like not "observe and report" to me. What are they going to do if a student has one on school campus? act like cops and shoot the kid? Why did they leave school grounds to let the dog sniff the truck? their jobs only apply to the property of their employer, once again they are not cops.
This generation would have had a melt down if they saw the parking lot at my High School during hunting season. Every truck had a gun rack in the rear window and every rack had at least one gun in it. If it wasn't a truck odds were there was a gun in the trunk.

Former member Taku would walk to school, check his rifle in at the Principle's office then would hunt on his way back home. This was in Jr. High...

We were poorer then but better people who were sane and happy. I'll buy the first ticket when they make a time machine. See ya, um, earlier...

Most LEO working dogs are cross trained for both drug sniffing and gun sniffing.
I understand, but most security guards are not considered LEO. What I think is the powers that be have been working for a long time to get the average Joe to "think" guards have the powers of actual commissioned law enforcement officers so that way people will be afraid and obey, unfortunately many guards act like bullies as a result. I got into it with one of Metro's "fare enforcement officers" and in the end he went to jail because he thought he was a cop and tried to bully me and my little boy..

Last Edited:
Yes, but where do they get the dogs.... usually from LEOs or from the same schools that LEO working dogs come from?

Edit. Not like you can just go to the shelter and get a random dog and expect them to know what the specific scents are :rolleyes:
Perhaps, but I still take pause with blurring the lines between security guards and actual cops... If I recall correctly did not something like that happen in Nazi Germany....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top