JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

We just relocated to Oregon from California. I have a Shield 9mm that I would like to sell and replace it with one that does not have the orange loaded chamber indicator because I don't like the way it looks.

Have you switched out CA compliant handguns to a normal model? Is there a shop that sells to both states that might be a good place to accomplish this? I like the weapon, but if I can make a easy exchange, I'd do that...

Thank you for any information.

I have never seen the California model in person but from the pic it looks like you could push out the roll pin (if you are comfortable with it)sand the orange paint off and color fill the white writing on the top with flat black model paint and put it back. If you tape the surrounding slide around it (to not scratch it) you might be able to do it without removing it. Some folks like the load indicator as they can do a quick feel in the dark to make sure a round is chambered.

Most shops will not change this as it is a modification to the safety system (even if stupid).

Replacing it with the Apex Low Profile and No Profile replacement LCI's would be an option. $19.95 and would replace that ugly azz CA compliant LCI:

You beat me to the punch I just found the same vid as well and was about to post it.
Thanks

My glock has a loaded chamber indicater it's called a press check mmmmmm leave it to the government of California to be there to tell you your gun is loaded lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top