JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...urce=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

"the permitting process is so backlogged that it now takes a year-and-a-half to meet with an official to submit an application."

"The San Bernardino Sheriff's Department received 75 applications during the weekend following the attack, when it normally averages 10. By the end of the month, deputies had received 750 applications, compared to a monthly average of 80, said Cindy Bachman, a department spokeswoman."

Gee, it doesn't sound like Californians trust their government to protect them.

Too bad that number isn't in the thousands of applicants in one month. I would have hoped for bigger numbers considering their population. But I guess anti-gun brainwashing runs deep.

Unconscionable.
Whats worse, though we have property (family does) in California I cannot file for a CHL because I dont "reside" there..

Though Im more than willing to play their game, jump through hoops and pay the piper.. Nope.. Still wont let me carry.

This CHL wait time cluster F is a direct result of government incompetence.
Because THEY are the only game in town (just like the DMV) they only have to work so hard, approve so many and care so much
(by that I mean little). A bill needs to be passed to expedite the process with those sand bagging bastards.

Unconscionable.
Whats worse, though we have property (family does) in California I cannot file for a CHL because I dont "reside" there..

Though Im more than willing to play their game, jump through hoops and pay the piper.. Nope.. Still wont let me carry.

This CHL wait time cluster F is a direct result of government incompetence.
Because THEY are the only game in town (just like the DMV) they only have to work so hard, approve so many and care so much
(by that I mean little). A bill needs to be passed to expedite the process with those sand bagging bastards.

We're from the government, we're here to help...:mad:

Isn't Kalifornia still part of the United States? Does not the US Constitution apply there?

Does not Kalifornia have a state Constitution with a Second Amendment clause?

If all that is true, then me thinks that you'd be free to carry... Considering the State nor the Federal government has any authority to create laws that in any manner restrict the Second Amendment...

At least that's what the Constitution says...

Considering the State nor the Federal government has any authority to create laws that in any manner restrict the Second Amendment...
you mean like the federal Gun Free School Zone law?

California is a "may issue" state, which means you can only "ask" for permission to exercise your right. Its my understanding that you have to prove a good reason beyond simple self defense and that only the celebrities, politicians and wealthy get permits. I can only imagine what the carry laws are....

If anyone knows different or what its like I'd love to know....

No Sheldon, it is both incompetence and orchestrated to prevent issuing permits.
In a private sector job if you told your boss you were too busy to get the job done, you would be shown the door.

I also find it ironic that all the gun owners in Cali wait until after a major catastrophe (San Bernandino) to exercise thier rights or even buy their first gun. Their apathy isnt just hypocritical its deadly...

California has a "may issue" system for issuing CCW's. The Sheriff in each of the 58 counties can decide for himself under what circumstances he will or will not issue a CCW. In many counties, the sheriff is will not issue a CCW outside a few, rare exceptions. In other counties, maybe 30 people total have a CCW. Yet in other counties, especially the rural ones, thousands of CCW's are issued.

San Bernadino county, where the terrorist shootings took place, is one of the counties with liberal CCW issuance. Any law abiding adult who applies for one there, would likely be issued one. In neighboring Los Angeles county, only well connected politicians or movie stars can get a CCW. If you are an ordinary law abiding citizen in L.A. county, you will NOT be issued a CCW.

Most of the liberal and heavily populated counties are known to be "no issue" counties. A CCW, once issued, is good in the entire state. Their gun laws are insanely convoluted, restrictive and difficult (by design) to follow and stay withing the law.

Probably more than you wanted to know.

Last Edited:
Isn't Kalifornia still part of the United States? Does not the US Constitution apply there?

Does not Kalifornia have a state Constitution with a Second Amendment clause?

If all that is true, then me thinks that you'd be free to carry... Considering the State nor the Federal government has any authority to create laws that in any manner restrict the Second Amendment...

At least that's what the Constitution says...

The PDRK doesn't have a provision for the RKBA in their state constitution, along with IA, MN, MD, NJ and NY. http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/beararms/statecon.htm

Ray

Essentially moot for 99% of the population.
They could be in arrears for "red herring" but you ain't gonna be legally carrying a concealed handgun period.

I thought California changed in 2014 to a shall issue state? That was my understanding from family that lives there. Me I have no idea I have not been to the shiet hole in over 10 years and if I have a prayer I wont ever be. I also though even concealed it could not have a mag in it or chambered there.

I also find it ironic that all the gun owners in Cali wait until after a major catastrophe (San Bernandino) to exercise thier rights or even buy their first gun. Their apathy isnt just hypocritical its deadly...

I think that the majority of people do this.
Buying guns and ammo because you think Hillary might just win the election?
Buying water and generators because a storm is imminent?

I think that the majority of people do this.
Buying guns and ammo because you think Hillary might just win the election?
Buying water and generators because a storm is imminent?
thats called prepping, opposite of what Im describing which is to wait until after a tradgedy to wake up.

now all these new gun owners and ccw permit applicants in Ca. get to see just how effd up their gun laws are and what little rights they have left over first hand.

after trying unsccesfully for years to get a chl in ca, I can tell you odds are slim on getting one. UNLESS, you are a major polititical contributor or someone famous, like an actor or a sports celebrity.
frankly, everyone will get denied. they will literally laugh in your face.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top