JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_0927.JPG
So I've had this rifle for a year and have had no actual problems with firing or cycling but recently I was told to switch to Krebs safety and retaining plate then I looked at my rifle and noticed that the safety can not be removed. The tapco g2 trigger has to much material or the safety does because they hit each other. I contacted Century Arms about this since they built it they must know how to replace the shepherd hook with retaining plate but they sent an email back saying "Yes you can remove the safety on the C39 but I cannot advise on the issue of replacing factory parts."
Does anyone have any ideas?
IMG_0925.JPG
IMG_0926.jpg

Just a guess. Have you tried lifting up the arms on the hammer spring first so that it relieves pressure on the trigger? Does that give you any play?

If not, can you remove the trigger pin so the whole trigger assembly can move around? I dont have a Shepard's hook so not sure if that is possible

This video with a tapco g2 trigger disassembly / assembly might help

Thank you for your time and yes unfortunately I already watched this video and tried to follow step by step and I even found a few people with same issue on amazon reviews for retaining plates. Other people also suggested moving the trigger to the side and out of the way because that would allow the safety to not hit it and be removed but the trigger pin cant be moved. Its locked from tension from the shepherds hook off the safety.
IMG_0933.JPG

I actually just lifted on that shepherds hook and trigger pin went out to the left so now I finally have the safety out and the rifles fire control group is apart. thank you Bolus for throwing your hat in the ring

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top