JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CZ557.jpeg Just thought I'd share my newest rifle purchase with everyone.​
It is a C.Z. 557 carbine in .30-06.
I bought this rifle to use as my modern rifle for hunting. ( mostly I shoot traditional muzzleloaders ).
Weighing in around 7 pounds,the rifle handles very nicely. It is easy to carry through the woods where I hunt.
The sights align quickly and are easy to see. The rear sight is a rugged "U" notch and the front sight is a red fiber optic "blade", for lack of a better word.
I sighted in my rifle to 50 yards using Remington 165 grain Core-loc't .
Since most of my hunting shots are off-hand the target shown , was shot at 50 yards , off hand.
Recoil was not bad at all thanks to the factory recoil pad, the fact the rifle "fits" me and the mild load.
The overall fit and finish of the rifle is very pleasing to my eye. A nice matte blue and "grippy" checkering and a walnut stock , make for a good feeling rifle.
Andy

Last Edited:
Thanks Whaler.
I was looking for a rifle in .30-06 / .308 /.270 with iron sights and a wood stock. Couldn't find anything used and most new rifles are non-wood stocked and no sights.
Lucked into the CZ and am very happy.
Andy