JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sending an SKS through the mail to a guy's FFL dealer in PA. Do I have to have the FFL's license # for my bound book or is their name and address good? When I have had C&R shipped to me the dealer's # was always on the invoice. Did a little checking up and this dealer has a rep for being a butthead. Told the guy I don't need their #. First time shipping out for me. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to take up space on the forum. Did what I should have done before asking question, called ATF. Never like getting on gov. radar. Yes, I do need their # as I am transferring it to them. Told the guy to pick another gun store.

You do realize you just took 7kb of space on Joey's server. Shame on you!!! ;)

Thanks for posting the new-found info.

Okay, this gets better. The guy stuck with the same gun store and after talking with the store on the phone, I got their FFL#. Sent it off to them and they called the guy in to pick up the SKS. They handed the carbine to him disassembled. Told him they were safety checking it and couldn't get it back together. This guy likes the store and left happy. I had to talk him through reassembly and he was happy after function checking it. He's planning on shooting it today and is going to call me with a report. This is a Norinco with matching receiver, bolt helper, bolt and trigger assembly. Everything else is mismatched. Something not right here. Here is a photo of the SKS in the condition I sent to him.
nor.jpg

Sounds like someone took it out for a "function test" and not a "safety check", went to clean it and couldn't put it back together correctly - OR - someone was look for "parts" for theirs, and the ones on the rifle you sold were better than theirs. o_O

Wow, what an FFL and a piece of work. :eek:

Amazing the guy that you sold it to is still happy.

Hopefully the guy isn't going to call you and claim that something is wrong and it won't function correctly. :confused:

Thanks for updating.

I would be finding a new FFL if that were me. The SKS operated on a very simple mechanism.

Glad everything worked out for him though.

Okay, this gets better. The guy stuck with the same gun store and after talking with the store on the phone, I got their FFL#. Sent it off to them and they called the guy in to pick up the SKS. They handed the carbine to him disassembled. Told him they were safety checking it and couldn't get it back together. This guy likes the store and left happy. I had to talk him through reassembly and he was happy after function checking it. He's planning on shooting it today and is going to call me with a report. This is a Norinco with matching receiver, bolt helper, bolt and trigger assembly. Everything else is mismatched. Something not right here. Here is a photo of the SKS in the condition I sent to him.
View attachment 252213

Damn, that guy needs a new FFL :confused:

speaking of SKS breakdown. You know the gas piston that connects to a second spring loaded piston under the rear sight that then pushes the bolt back?

I did not realize that the second piston held right under the rear sight was just barely held in by the disassembly lever. I also did not know it was spring loaded. So trying to figure out how to get it out, I fire the piston, spring and what had to be a pint of 1000 year old Chinese cosmoline right into my face. Good times! there is frickin cosmoline on my ceiling now.

By the way on the above transfer. My money is on that FFL stealing parts and replacing them with junk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top