JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love the truck! Imo a ls swap would be great. Start with getting it in and running then think about a supercharger. That truck is heavy a 4l80e is a great tranny for that truck. 4.5k-5k should get a 6.0/4l80e in and running. Is fuel injection a must?

Well, injection isn't a must, and having no computer is nicer. My buddy says you can run this motor without the injection. I would like a 5 speed. I'm sick of the highway driving being high revs. I want at least 500hp with or without a blower. I want a sleeper rig.

4l80e would keep the revs down on the highway as its the same final drive as the 5 speed .75. I just think a slow shifting 5 speed is not sleeper material. No fuel injection would save some of work and some money. Fuel injection requires a whole new fuel system to keep up with the flow and pressure. You looking for 500whp or crank? For comparison a stock ls7 makes 505hp at the crank and a ls3 430hp.

So I found a 6.0 for 800.00
It's got most of everyjing needed. Needs a rebuild. Wheel or crank hp doesn't matter to much. I just want to bury anyone who wants to race. I'd like to bury my brother and his hellcat, but his is 707, but weights a lot! But we don't talk anymore, so it would have to be us seeing each other on the street, flipping each other off, threatening to kill each other, than get to racing.

I think for your goals you have you would be much better off looking into a ls9, ctsv, ls7 ect motor as a base. I got to 695whp on my ls3 but that is with extensive work (stock internals) supercharger, meth, e85 and really spinning that supercharger to get 16 psi boost. That was with lots of dyno time to get to that number.

So I found a 6.0 for 800.00
It's got most of everyjing needed. Needs a rebuild. Wheel or crank hp doesn't matter to much. I just want to bury anyone who wants to race. I'd like to bury my brother and his hellcat, but his is 707, but weights a lot! But we don't talk anymore, so it would have to be us seeing each other on the street, flipping each other off, threatening to kill each other, than get to racing.
Not sure a 6000# pickup is the ideal weapon for that battle.

I was being a little dramatic:D.
That's a really nice looking C10. I drove one for several years as a shop truck and my good friend has a '69 GMC. We've got a better idea what your goal is now. I'm definately going to lean LS over Duramax at this stage. It's going to need help though. Start reading up on turbo builds. LSs seem to like turbos. And stack some cash. I'd estimate you'll need every bit of $20k to thump on Hellcats.

Last Edited:
20k would not be unreasonable just depends what work can be diy? Chop and build the wire harness? Sump the stock gas tank? Do your own exhaust? All things to cut the cost. That stock rear end will need attention and suspension also. Got to be able to get the power to the ground or its not much good. Hellcat crushing fast wont be cheap.

I would absolutely swap the DMAX/Allison combo in. Freshen up the trans use a custom tuner and see about 550rwhp and 1000ft lbs. It would be a great unassuming pickup that would haul! I think any route you go that is more late model-ish is going to cost a fair amount. Everything has a tendency to add up........

Just read you want to stomp anything you see. Gonna need a lot of power. Also I'd go 4wd so you can get 'em off a dig. Sometimes when they see you roll out ridiculously fast they just give up :cool:

This project is starting to sound very expensive if you're serious about whooping up on everybody.

$20k?! That's not what I will pay. We are doing all work, except exhaust. I might be overstating when I say whoop everyone. Lol!!! I just wanna do some
Thing cool.

Since we've never met I have no idea what your ability level and equipment investment is. Obviously it'll be less if you're doing all the work yourself. Sounds li my e a cool build. Keep us updated.

Yep. That is a lot of money. Have you considered buying a leveraged rental property to let? Or some real deal hands on precious metals? Now I sound like my ex lady friend. Unwanted investment councilor. Sorry.

Again ... way back in 1975 we cruised the bone yard at the two DD dealerships. They let us have good used parts for free. Practically all the 353 and 453 Detroit Diesels were home garage built. Used parts. They ran just fine.

Ever pick up a 220 pound New Process 540 5 speed tranny and chuck it UP OVER the 8 foot truck wrecking yard fence? Tiny did. Big guy. Then we would go back at 2 am and pick it up. We did pay the guy eventually. Really.

The special DD shop tools and gages we borrowed also. We were on good terms with various local establishments. We were City Firefighters. Too much time off. Too little brains. But ... heck .. it was very fun to do. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top