JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't click it but as for me to intervene;
Its my family first, I'm second, neighbors maybe, if I know their politicks are in accordance with me, 40 years ago, what ever I think I can do for the rest.
But today, I'm saddened to say, only after advice from council, with a signed release from all concerned including the bad guys.
That's way more than society claims to want, so that's what they get. tares my heart to say that. Its not about getting shot or even killed. It's about the bad guy. Not the bad guy with a gun, the bad guys taking away my ability to defend and protect that makes considering repercussions ( which could last the life of my family and myself,) the same as my beginning the default here;
"my family first, I'm second".
Sorry, you are on your own, you have the police, (hope you have the time) With luck, someone younger and more impetuous will be there.
The fact I'm over seventy, and with reduced ability, may have removed some spark and tempered gung ho more than I care to admit.

I didn't click it but as for me to intervene;
Its my family first, I'm second, neighbors maybe, if I know their politicks are in accordance with me, 40 years ago, what ever I think I can do for the rest.
But today, I'm saddened to say, only after advice from council, with a signed release from all concerned including the bad guys.
That's way more than society claims to want, so that's what they get. tares my heart to say that. Its not about getting shot or even killed. It's about the bad guy. Not the bad guy with a gun, the bad guys taking away my ability to defend and protect that makes considering repercussions ( which could last the life of my family and myself,) the same as my beginning the default here;
"my family first, I'm second".
Sorry, you are on your own, you have the police, (hope you have the time) With luck, someone younger and more impetuous will be there.
The fact I'm over seventy, and with reduced ability, may have removed some spark and tempered gung ho more than I care to admit.
Basically, a mom brought her two kids to the park in Portland, and some drugged out crazy lady got it in her mind that the kids were hers and started attacking her. There was one other mom with kids at the park, but they took off. The mom in question was finally able to wrangle her kids to the car and call the police, but even in the article the police state that they won't necessarily be able to come.

Stay salty boys and girls.

Haha! :s0140:

Portland is a cesspool.

OH, NOW the oregonian is calling on the tax paying citizens to step up and help each other! Isn't THAT just bubbleguming RICH!!! Maybe if the worthless-as-toilet paper rag had been calling out the feckless leadership of this city all along, for the past, (how long had the turd mayor been in office?) those at city hall would have left town or started doing real work.

I can't believe people even read that thing. Past a couple/three articles anyway.

Yeah, I'm not risking my hide to help people I don't know. I'm not a cop, that's not my job. I'd probably get sued if I helped, anyway.

Sad. But what were they expecting. They hate cops and defund the agencies that are meant to stop this stuff, yet they always call them when in trouble.

The irony is strong with this article.

F cops, we hate cops, defund the police, defund ice.

Moments later…

"911 yes please help I've been assaulted by what appears to maybe be a man, maybe a woman, maybe Hispanic, I'm not sure, please send help."

Automated computer, "Por Espanal por favor la prensa apretar uno. If you are experiencing an act of mental crisis, please press 2 If you are in need of a non violent public assistant, please press 3. If you are in need of a free personal guidance counselor, please press 4. If you are in need of actual police, please hang up and pray to the god of your denomination of choice. Thank you for calling the Portland Police Hotline formally known as 911, have a good day!"

1680198277634.png

Aloha, Mark

Automated computer, "Por Espanal por favor la prensa apretar uno. If you are experiencing an act of mental crisis, please press 2 If you are in need of a non violent public assistant, please press 3. If you are in need of a free personal guidance counselor, please press 4. If you are in need of actual police, please hang up and pray to the god of your denomination of choice. Thank you for calling the Portland Police Hotline formally known as 911, have a good day!"
Now that's funny. But that's not funny. o_O

Well to each their own, but I certainly view this type of situation differently.
Two children, three and six years old with their mother and a stranger is attempting to take them away. Of course I am going to intervene. My god...
To give the " it's not my problem". Our society is messed up from many angles, people who kidnap children and other people who witness it, but do nothing to immediately try to stop it.

Well to each their own, but I certainly view this type of situation differently.
Two children, three and six years old with their mother and a stranger is attempting to take them away. Of course I am going to intervene. My god...
To give the " it's not my problem". Our society is messed up from many angles, people who kidnap children and other people who witness it, but do nothing to immediately try to stop it.
And 99% of those are someone elses custody disputes of which I have zero interest.

I highly doubt the accuracy of your claim that 99% of attempted kidnappings of children are custody related...
The story also states the attacker appeared delusional and was physically assaulting the mother.
Very, very rare and yeah, the overwhelming majority of "kidnapping" cases are child custody related.

And by the way whats your plan for when crazy lady comes charging at you with a broken bottle? Double tap?

"911 yes please help I've been assaulted by what appears to maybe be a man, maybe a woman, maybe Hispanic, I'm not sure, please send help."

Crying won't help you... prayer won't do you no good...

Would I intervene...maybe.
However.....
Inserting yourself in the middle of a situation , one which you more than likely , ain't got a real idea 'bout what is going on...
Is fraught with all kinds of hazards and danger.

Oh and excellent Zeppelin quote in post # 19...:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews