JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just thought that some of you might like to see this family heading to the island of Anglesey on their 1915-built traction engine for a steam rally. BTW, there are two of these engines in our village

The scenery through North Wales never ceases to hold my heart - I spent a few years there living with my grandparents when I was little - my taid [granddad] was a Welsh-first speaker, like all of his family.

Remember that in Wales the road signs are either bi-lingual, or Welsh only,

When you've been over here in the summer have you ever had the opportunity to go to the "Great Oregon Steam-Up"? Last weekend in July in Brooks. That's just s spit North of Salem. The have 7-8 steam tractors normally. And MANY more running gasoline and diesel tractors, Caterpillar, steam saw mill. A real old timey country fair air.

Open for 2022!

Powerland Heritage Park is open from 9am-4pm, Wednesday-Sunday each week until the end of September, 2022!​

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE GREAT OREGON STEAM-UP COMING JULY 30 & 31 AND AUGUST 6 & 7, 2022!

Steam-Up3.jpg

When you've been over here in the summer have you ever had the opportunity to go to the "Great Oregon Steam-Up"? Last weekend in July in Brooks. That's just s spit North of Salem. The have 7-8 steam tractors normally. And MANY more running gasoline and diesel tractors, Caterpillar, steam saw mill. A real old timey country fair air.

Bin.

I also am a fan of steam power, including locomotives from the United Kingdom and the U.S.
This steam tractor is pulling a very wide set of plows.
I absolutely love that vid!

I had a dream of going over to Cheyanne Wyoming and seeing the 4014 Big Boy. Where they ran those engines between Cheyanne WY and Ogden UT. From Evanston WY West were my old fishing/stomping grounds. Very familiar with the territory and the story of the Big Boy's. I never got over there though. there was a video out just prior to the big Boy going live on the rail where they steamed it up and "Tuned" the whistle. The sold tickets for it's first run from Cheyanne to Ogden and back.

That U.P. 844 has an interesting history too. Heck, they're all interesting!

I absolutely love that vid!

I had a dream of going over to Cheyanne Wyoming and seeing the 4014 Big Boy. Where they ran those engines between Cheyanne WY and Ogden UT. From Evanston WY West were my old fishing/stomping grounds. Very familiar with the territory and the story of the Big Boy's. I never got over there though. there was a video out just prior to the big Boy going live on the rail where they steamed it up and "Tuned" the whistle. The sold tickets for it's first run from Cheyanne to Ogden and back.

That U.P. 844 has an interesting history too. Heck, they're all interesting!
If my 4014 Big Boy T hadn't been shat on by some kind of a bird with acidic poop, I could have proudly displayed myself wearing it. However, not only was it very expensive for a T - $27.50 - but it cost $44.20 to send to me, making replacement unthinkable until we are once more stateside.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top