JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BVAC is good to go. I prefer it over HSM any day but haven't seen it locally for sale anywhere. Before I started reloading I would just buy in bulk from whoever had the best price online

I have bought ammo boxes of it in 9mm, .40 and .45 and the only problem I have had has been with the .45. One of my handguns just hates it and I cannot figure out why. I checked the dimensions with a micrometer and it is the same as factory fresh Blazer (which the gun eats without a problem).
From what I understand, if you have problems with it, the guys at Surplusammo do stand behind the stuff they sell.

I almost bought a 500 in 9mm last gun show but just by chance I pulled one round out of a sample loose can and the one that I pulled out had a very large protrusion (casting defect) on the copper bullet. It was a large enough defect that I felt it could have caused a serious feed and function issue so I bought 500 ea. of two different brand name varieties from the vendor instead.
Again, it may have been the only casting defect in the whole booth but I had to find it.

I havn't shot much of bvac's ammo, but will say I know the people there and they've always been good to me, during the big powder/primer crunch over the last few years, they were always good about sending the fun truck down to drop off hundreds of thousands of primers, and hundreds of pounds of powder. Most of the ammo we bought through them was resold when we had a client that needed stuff we don't produce (commodity caliber ammo) never heard any complaints.

Triple charge from them blew up an xdm 9mm I owned, wreaked my internals and split my frame, had to deal with the owner for EIGHT months before my gun was repaired...he wouldnt replace it, terrible customer service, but he finally sent it in to springfield for repair. The gun preformed fine after I got it back from the factory, but I dont shoot there ammo any more. nore would I recommend the ammo to any one else..

I've had a number of FTF with their 357 mag 185g. Also seems much dirtier than other lead rounds and my lead reloads. I also find their stuff to be lightly loaded. Magtech has always been a better cheap plinking choice,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top