JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No suppressor make that "pew pew" noise. Made up Hollywood crap. Most make something like a "pop/hiss" noise, like removing a quick disconnect tool from an air hose. Supersonics, like rifles sound like loud .22s.

+1 for Pat at ORL and Scott at FortMoe. I'm getting two cans from Fortmoe right now. He is top notch. Once your suppressor comes in, Pat will let you shoot it (and maybe a machine gun) at his place until your form 4 is approved.

I've got two through Fortmoe Arms myself and highly recommend Fort Moe Arms. I've never delt with ORL only because Pat is on the westside but have heard many positive comments.

Isn't it great to have options?

I've got two through Fortmoe Arms myself and highly recommend Fort Moe Arms. I've never delt with ORL only because Pat is on the westside but have heard many positive comments.

Isn't it great to have options?

Both are great. It's nice once in a while though to get out of the damn city and drive out to the country. Pat has a damn good way of not making you feel like an idiot no matter what you ask about in relation to firearms or anything else. Scott is pretty good that way too.

Now that I think about it, all of the Fort Moe Arms dealers are that way. :D

My kid got his first can through Cocktailer,had it transfered to Scott (FT.Moe),and is now just waiting for the paper work to clear.
With the lenghthy process being what it is,make sure you go through someone you can trust,they may have your stuff for a while.
Another dealer that should be considered is Hairtrigger Firearms,he even designs and manufactuers his own IIRC.

+10 more transfers personally from Fortmoe! Pat at Oregon Research Labs is a great guy too and I would use his service if I was closer. I've bought parts from Dan at Hairtrigger Firearms and I can recommend him also.

I would also endorse Tim (jagerMR) in Hillsboro at Tei-llc he did the transfers for the Beretta 96D group buy.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I just checked out ORL's website, I'm in Beaverton so it's more convenient. So it looks like there are $275 in just fees? An NFA transfer fee of $50, background check fee of $20, and the BATFE tax of $200. These are just one-time fees right? Are there any other fees I should know about?

Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I just checked out ORL's website, I'm in Beaverton so it's more convenient. So it looks like there are $275 in just fees? An NFA transfer fee of $50, background check fee of $20, and the BATFE tax of $200. These are just one-time fees right? Are there any other fees I should know about?

Should be no $20 fee. Rest seems correct. Only additional may be fees to sheriff for signature cards/prints, passport photos, and think that's it.

Yup, all my transfers have been thru Pat at ORL. Great guy to deal with. There's a reason I keep going back. No need to look for a better dealer, cause I have the best already IMHO. The only reason I hav'nt used Coctailer or FortMoe is, I'm already happy going thru Pat. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

I have done 2 class 3 and several other transfers through Scott at FortMoe, he is great. Highly recommended. Haven't dealt with ORL but have NEVER heard one complaint, and have heard hundreds of great experiences.

.22lr suppressors don't sound like tv. Depending on the suppressor and host, it can be VERY quiet though. You want the bullet to stay subsonic, so if a handgun you want a barrel shorter than 4". The best 9mm suppressor? Well, it's probably $1500 or more. An awesome 9mm suppressor and probably the best in it's price range is a SWR Trident. Also, if you want to learn more than you need to know about suppressors, go to www.silencertalk.com/forum . Tons of info over there. Buying class 3 is very easy, it just takes a long time to get your stuff.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top