JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only problem, if they don't already own a firearm, under 114, they never will.

You have to provide your own firearm to prove yourself capable with a firearm before you can buy your first firearm...

The police are not going to provide a firearm for you to do the training...

You can't borrow a firearm either...
Oregon law specifically allows you to let someone else use your gun if you're with them.

I'm more concerned about how demonstrate how to "lock and load" a revolver, or any firearm that isn't an M1 Garand or a belt fed gun.

Oregon law specifically allows you to let someone else use your gun if you're with them.

I'm more concerned about how demonstrate how to "lock and load" a revolver, or any firearm that isn't an M1 Garand or a belt fed gun.
I'd be curious if they would allow the extra person to be onsite with the one doing the testing to allow for such a thing...

Not sure if you are permitted to carry a firearm with ammo at a police station or police live fire training center .

It's not just to frustrate, it's meant to outright shut down all buying and selling. Next will be possession.
Frustrating buyers is meant to shut down sales. If people find the process is too difficult they'll simply stop buying.

Only problem, if they don't already own a firearm, under 114, they never will.

You have to provide your own firearm to prove yourself capable with a firearm before you can buy your first firearm...

The police are not going to provide a firearm for you to do the training...

You can't borrow a firearm either...
Why can't they borrow one from family member?

I just got a massive order canceled!

Good Afternoon,

unfortunately you may see now that we have completely shut down shipments of firearms and mag to Oregon. This is not something that we wanted to do, but until we are able to properly navigate the situations, this is the best option for us as a company. We are truly sorry that Oregon is facing a situation that's compromising their 2nd Amendment Right, and we hope this is something that you guys will no longer have to face in the future. We would have loved to provide the mags for you prior to this law, and I am sorry we are no longer able to do that at this time.

Brooklyn from DACK Outdoors

Good Afternoon,

unfortunately you may see now that we have completely shut down shipments of firearms and mag to Oregon. This is not something that we wanted to do, but until we are able to properly navigate the situations, this is the best option for us as a company. We are truly sorry that Oregon is facing a situation that's compromising their 2nd Amendment Right, and we hope this is something that you guys will no longer have to face in the future. We would have loved to provide the mags for you prior to this law, and I am sorry we are no longer able to do that at this time.

That sucks. I guess their legal dept is on vacation.

Why can't they borrow one from family member?
They might be a family that does not have any firearms...

Do the training with private party outfit.
You could, sure, an awful lot you have to do just to get a firearm to defend yourself...

If this was in place when my cousin and uncle need a firearm for self defense back when the repeating violent ex was about to get out of jail again, they would not have been able to get their firearm in a timely manner.

Good Afternoon,

A bit soon it seems, there should be at least a few more weeks before it would go into effect.

Good Afternoon,

Well I guess I'll be getting that email from them too. It is absolutely absurd that companies are doing this to their customers before this atrocity even goes into effect.

Good Afternoon,

Should let the doofus know law won't even be in effect for at least 2 months

You're better off. DACK is possibly the worst retail drop shippers out there. You're lucky they canceled now instead of ignoring you for 30 days and then doing it.

This advice is worth what you are paying for it.

AR sellers. If you find yourself in a position that requires you sell your budget AR15 style rifle, consider selling it as rifle kit (everything minus stripped lower). The value of budget stripped lowers is around $35 to $50. A semi-auto ban is going to be right behind M114. If you don't need to sell, then don't. If you do need to sell, don't wait for some magic moment to occur in the background check system. It's only going to get uglier from here. There will be buyers for your rifle kit who already have a lower or plan on doing an 80% lower.

It took Dack over a month to ship my order. This is pretty much guaranteed with them. I'm glad I ordered my big order from them over a month ago.

PSA has a banner on there site saying they will prioritize Oregon buyers orders. FYI

I posted this in another thread but fits here as well.

I will still buy and sell regardless of when 114 goes into effect, without BGC's and a stupid permit to exercise my constitutional right.

Now don't go gettin your panties in a bunch.........think about it.

1669511916507.png

Aloha, Mark

Looks like we may get another opportunity to buy a bunch more firearms without a permit.

I suspect any new rush will be more subdued than the last few weeks. Numerous companies have cut us off, the 3 day rule will probably be left off the table and buyers might be realizing how much money they spent in November.

The only gun I really still want is a sig p320 but I am not convinced they will get everybody in the queue processed even if we get an extra couple of months. If 3 day rule is still allowed, I will buy a p320. If 3 day rule is shut down, I won't.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top