JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The regrets I have about my collection are that I never found a .44magnum I liked enough to buy or a 45-70 with a threaded barrel. Those two were hard to find even before this madhouse spree. BUT I did think far enough ahead to buy my .50 years ago. Now I suppose there will be no more buying for myself as I, like @nammac am not willing to have my permission slip and inventory publicly accessible.
Call Lincoln City Sporting Goods, I've seen a number of 45-70 go through there, mostly with threaded barrels...

Tell them what you looking for, Bruce may be able to help you find

How difficult would it be to simply buy from out of state? Have gun sent to WA FFL and just pick it up in Vancouver? (portland ish ar

Sadly, the way I was reading 114, with 114, if you can get a permit, you still won't be able to buy the 365, glocks, and others. If the firearm is capable of accepting a magazine greater than 10rds, it is banned unless permanently modified to never accept greater than 10rds...

From the looks of it, they would measure every shotgun from the standpoint of being loaded with mini-shot shells even if they can't normally shoot them, they can still be loaded which would make most shotguns banned...

From the standpoint, or at least how it looked, if it's capable of ever being attached to a greater than 10rds capacity, it's banned... Which basically bans virtually every firearm out there...

Until I can get some 10rd mags for my pistols, my new carry once I get a holster is a 44 magnum... I just hope I can find another one, but with about an 8" barrel and if possible, a Henry Big Boy Model X 44mag.
Can you point to the section of measure 114 that leads you to this interpretation:

"Sadly, the way I was reading 114, with 114, if you can get a permit, you still won't be able to buy the 365, glocks, and others. If the firearm is capable of accepting a magazine greater than 10rds, it is banned unless permanently modified to never accept greater than 10rds..."

The sole purpose of Measure 114 is to frustrate both gun buyers, and gun sellers, which results in fewer gun sales, and that's their real agenda. So when buyers and sellers let this make their decision as to whether they'll continue to buy or sell, the antigunners who concocted this crap will win.

Can you point to the section of measure 114 that leads you to this interpretation:

"Sadly, the way I was reading 114, with 114, if you can get a permit, you still won't be able to buy the 365, glocks, and others. If the firearm is capable of accepting a magazine greater than 10rds, it is banned unless permanently modified to never accept greater than 10rds..."

20221114_122405.jpg

Another consequence of 114 is as dealers disappear so will reloading components to use. Then all powder and primers and bullets will have to be mail ordered with the added hazmat costs. Next they will pass laws outlawing the importation into the state by common carrier the powder and primers. Also mail order ammo sales will probably be banned.

The sole purpose of Measure 114 is to frustrate both gun buyers, and gun sellers, which results in fewer gun sales, and that's their real agenda. So when buyers and sellers let this make their decision as to whether they'll continue to buy or sell, the antigunners who concocted this crap will win.
It's not just to frustrate, it's meant to outright shut down all buying and selling. Next will be possession.

It's not just to frustrate, it's meant to outright shut down all buying and selling. Next will be possession.
Well, I heard from the owner of my favorite gun store, "they" are feeling empowered by 114 passing and the next things they want if 114 is not struck down is to have a background check for ammo and after than a ban on all semi-autos.

I'm already looking to (if I can find them) start carrying a couple revolvers and a lever action. I'd much rather it be my choice to re-enact the days of old rather than be forced into it...

To me, that only describes the magazines and not the firearm itself. This language is recycled in all mag bans and I haven't seen a mag ban yet that also banned the firearm.
For even shotgun, the fixed magazines, while fixed, would have to be permantly modified to accept 10rds or less and not able to ever be expanded or they are banned...

That same kind of rule, I have no doubts they intend it for detachable mag capable pistols and rifles, if applied, since the pistol at any point, could have a "banned" mag inserted, that firearm is also banned.

With alot of the gun grabbers after mag fed firearms, to have such a ruling for fixed magazine firearms, such as shotguns, I highly doubt it stops with fixed magazine firearms...

For even shotgun, the fixed magazines, while fixed, would have to be permantly modified to accept 10rds or less and not able to ever be expanded or they are banned...

That same kind of rule, I have no doubts they intend it for detachable mag capable pistols and rifles, if applied, since the pistol at any point, could have a "banned" mag inserted, that firearm is also banned.

With alot of the gun grabbers after mag fed firearms, to have such a ruling for fixed magazine firearms, such as shotguns, I highly doubt it stops with fixed magazine firearms...
The shotguns are going to be a problem, for sure. Not sure about the other firearms.

I think for the foreseeable future after the ban takes affect I will go back to carrying a .357 magnum air weight S&W

I think the whole shotgun thin can easily be defeated. Seriously, look at the stamping on ANY shotgun barrel, then tell me how many fits in there. It was not designed to accept these stupid mini shells, I don't have any mini shells and probably never will as I've been told you need to modify the firearm with a custom follower just so it'll load them.

In all honesty I think most of the users that are on this site probably have a suitable armory at home and can defend themselves without question. The people that 114 is going to affect the most are people that are just now waking up and realizing that they waited too long to purchase that first firearm for home defense or carrying concealed. That being said those people are probably the ones that will benefit from measure 114 being required to take a firearms training course and an additional carry class if those classes are ever offered. Believe me I'm still furious that this agenda has passed as it will hinder my future purchases but in the mean time I'll be quite fine with the armament that I possess and the reloading components that I've hoarded over the years.

Believe me I'm in no way defending this ridiculous violation of our rights and I'm suggesting to all of my friends and colleagues that haven't got a firearm yet but want one that if they have any degree of mechanical aptitude that they should go and buy an Aero precision lower or buy two as you can get everything else required through mail order.

The people that 114 is going to affect the most are people that are just now waking up and realizing that they waited too long to purchase that first firearm for home defense or carrying concealed. That being said those people are probably the ones that will benefit from measure 114 being required to take a firearms training course and an additional carry class if those classes are ever offered.
Only problem, if they don't already own a firearm, under 114, they never will.

You have to provide your own firearm to prove yourself capable with a firearm before you can buy your first firearm...

The police are not going to provide a firearm for you to do the training...

You can't borrow a firearm either...

Only problem, if they don't already own a firearm, under 114, they never will.

You have to provide your own firearm to prove yourself capable with a firearm before you can buy your first firearm...

The police are not going to provide a firearm for you to do the training...

You can't borrow a firearm either...
Yep your right I had forgotten about that. I've got a co-worker that moved up from California and has been talking about getting a handgun to defend his home but kept putting it off ( and still hasn't followed through) . Some people you cannot get through to .

Yep your right I had forgotten about that. I've got a co-worker that moved up from California and has been talking about getting a handgun to defend his home but kept putting it off ( and still hasn't followed through) . Some people you cannot get through to .
California, huh. Did he bring California mentality with him? Ask him one question: "How did you vote on M114?"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top