JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kinda bubblegumed up they will still work on the permit. Ofcourse they will, it's a blank check for them and they get to bubblegum with people.

I dont know if you actually read the law but them enforcing the ban on not would not affect you on your property. The ban is for new sales. This is just them saying somthing that doesn't matter because they literally cant do anything. What are they gonna do? Make out of state shippers take Oregon off their no ship list? Its empty talk.
By the letter of the law you are right but what if LE simply claims they weren't sure if it was you or someone else on your property when the Cali transplant neighbors called it in and they show up and want proof they're pre-ban?

How difficult would it be to simply buy from out of state? Have gun sent to WA FFL and just pick it up in Vancouver? (portland ish area at least).
A long gun... not that big a deal at all. A handgun on the other hand... you're only option is an OR FFL... and without a purchase permit, you're bubblegummed. Long gun in OR too, for that matter.

A long gun... not that big a deal at all. A handgun on the other hand... you're only option is an OR FFL... and without a purchase permit, you're bubblegummed. Long gun in OR too, for that matter.
This law is horrible in every sense and so stupid that I will be ignoring most provisions of it. Time will tell what the permit system actually looks like and if it even functions.

I have never had a interest but found a S&W 629 Classic 5 in absolutely perfect !
I load my own ammo and shot a lot of 44 special in the mountain gun to get used to it. Then worked up more powerful 44 magnum loads for that 4inch barrel. Put my load Speer snake shot in it when I was in snake area. 44 is very versatile.

114 will essentially freeze what I currently have. I have no plans on asking permission or being entered into a database of those who have asked permission to buy guns. Only to have that information published…

But I do wonder if this will impact the return of a project that @Velzey is doing for me…

How difficult would it be to simply buy from out of state? Have gun sent to WA FFL and just pick it up in Vancouver? (portlanish area

How difficult would it be to simply buy from out of state? Have gun sent to WA FFL and just pick it up in Vancouver? (portland ish area at least)FFL's tend to follow laws set by the buyers state

Oregon stores wouldn't sell semi-auto rifles to Washington residents after 1639 passed. I would think Washington stores would do the same as not to sell something to an Oregon resident that went against their laws.

Oregon stores wouldn't sell semi-auto rifles to Washington residents after 1639 passed. I would think Washington stores would do the same as not to sell something to an Oregon resident that went against their laws.
You can't buy arial fireworks in OR either... but that also has nothing to do with the question. 🤣

Some Oregon FFLs still would. Most didn't understand the law or didn't want to deal with it.

I think about the gun market a lot and if 114 doesn't get overturned then the gents will change their thinking on what they need.

I think small guns with 10 shot mags will rise in demand, no sense carrying a big 9mm if you can only have 10 shots.

Glock 26 will sell well I think because you can still use other glock mags of greater capacity if you need to.

Sig 365 should sell well with its ten shot capacity as long as you might get some 15 rounders for it.

Revolvers will sell better as guys figure they will want more power since they have fewer rounds. Heavy guns but maybe the 357 will make a comeback.

Shotguns will be selling better since the AR mags will be limited. Cheaper than an AR and just as much close range firepower for the first 8 shots. Light and handy but slow to load.

Accuracy should be real popular, with fewer rounds you want what shoots straight.

45acp should gain in popularity as power will be on folks minds.

Just the musings of an old gun lover, ymmv on what changes may take place.
Sadly, the way I was reading 114, with 114, if you can get a permit, you still won't be able to buy the 365, glocks, and others. If the firearm is capable of accepting a magazine greater than 10rds, it is banned unless permanently modified to never accept greater than 10rds...

From the looks of it, they would measure every shotgun from the standpoint of being loaded with mini-shot shells even if they can't normally shoot them, they can still be loaded which would make most shotguns banned...

From the standpoint, or at least how it looked, if it's capable of ever being attached to a greater than 10rds capacity, it's banned... Which basically bans virtually every firearm out there...

Until I can get some 10rd mags for my pistols, my new carry once I get a holster is a 44 magnum... I just hope I can find another one, but with about an 8" barrel and if possible, a Henry Big Boy Model X 44mag.

The regrets I have about my collection are that I never found a .44magnum I liked enough to buy or a 45-70 with a threaded barrel. Those two were hard to find even before this madhouse spree. BUT I did think far enough ahead to buy my .50 years ago. Now I suppose there will be no more buying for myself as I, like @nammac am not willing to have my permission slip and inventory publicly accessible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top