Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

buying question

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by chrisk86, Apr 19, 2013.

1. chrisk86

chrisk86 Spokane Member

Ok so this weekend I am going to be heading to cabela's in Idaho, my question is since I live in washington will I have any issue buying a gun there in Idaho??
    Will it be along the lines of buying a gun from a private dealer out of state and have to have it shipped to an FFL dealer in washington so I can actually pick it up or since cabela's is a licensed dealer will they be able to sell it to me directly???

Also while I have everyone's attention, what is cabela's selection like for pistols around $350, if they dont have any pistols around that price range I'll be looking at the rifles then.

Thanks everyone in advance!!:D

2. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

I dont think so...I thought rifles were okay, but I am often wrong.

3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

4. chrisk86

chrisk86 Spokane Member

hmmm.... well damn that sucks, well looks like I may get started on an AR build I've always wanted to do

5. Nwcid

If by started you mean buying a lower receiver there that will not work. Receivers unless built into complete rifle, ever, are listed as "other".

6. chrisk86

chrisk86 Spokane Member

well dang this whole thread just crapped on my plans for the weekend lol thanks Nwcid for the update

7. Nwcid

UUUMMM glad I could mess up your weekend :paranoid:

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  8. nwbobber

nwbobber Longview, Wa. Active Member

Cabelas prices haven't been all that great lately. Not bad but there are cheaper places. Can't beat their selection though. I thought Spokane was riddled with good gun shops.

9. Nwcid

There are a couple great ones. NW Pawn is by far my favorite shop ever. It use to be a tie but the other shop closed a few years ago.

10. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

You could buy any firearm for sale at either of the Washington Cabela's stores. Yes, I know it is farther to drive, but still an option.

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Nwcid

Hey there are 3 of them in state now. Yakima got one not too long ago. Some how I have only managed to be in one and only one time at that. It was the ID store a long time ago.

12. nwbobber

nwbobber Longview, Wa. Active Member

You should check the Lacey one sometime. Get some diving in while your there.

13. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Cabela's in Union Gap, just south of Yakima had a nice selection of new and used pistols last month when I took my wife in to window shop for a concealed carry piece.

14. 44s rock

44s rock Belfair New Member

Yakima (Union Gap) is a nice little store but Lacey is worth the trip! One of their largest.

15. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

A couple camo hats for turkeys cost me $1600:wow: and a shotgun last year in Post Falls.:angry:

But it did come with a free compound bow and a SBE II:wave:

16. GED

GED North Idaho Active Member

I bought a firearm from Cabela's online through their West Virginia store.

They shipped the firearm to Cabela's in Springfield where I picked it up after Cabela's there did the background check(I had to pay for the shipping from W.V. to Oregon).

So, I don't see you couldn't buy a firearm in Idaho(or any state with a Cabela's)and have them ship it to a Washington Cabela's closest to you for them to do the background. It might be cheaper than having it go through a FFL(I think Cabela's only charged me $10 for the background).

Best thing to do is to call Cabela's and see what they say.

17. Nwcid

Sure he could do that. Problem is the closest in state Cabela's is a 3hr one way drive.