JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
(b) Components, parts, accessories, and attachments for articles in paragraph (a) of this category, including but not limited to cartridge cases, powder bags, bullets, jackets, cores, shells (excluding shotgun shells), projectiles, boosters, fuzes and components therefor, primers, and other detonating devices for such ammunition.

So... from my interpretation I would only buy primers for my pistol and rifle cartridge manual loading firearms with barrels over 18 inches in length. Or am I misinterpreting their intent? :s0062:

category i—firearms
(a) Nonautomatic and semiautomatic firearms, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length, and all components and parts for such firearms.

(b) Automatic firearms and all components and parts for such firearms to caliber .50 inclusive.

(c) Insurgency-counterinsurgency type firearms of other weapons having a special military application (e.g. close assault weapons systems) regardless of caliber and all components and parts for such firearms.

(d) Firearms silencers and suppressors, including flash suppressors.

(e) [Reserved]

Note: Rifles, carbines, revolvers, and pistols, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length are included under Category I(a). Machineguns, submachineguns, machine pistols and fully automatic rifles to caliber .50 inclusive are included under Category I(b).
category ii—artillery projectors
(a) Guns over caliber .50, howitzers, mortars, and recoiless rifles.

(b) Military flamethrowers and projectors.

(c) Components, parts, accessories, and attachments for the articles in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this category, including but not limited to mounts and carriages for these articles.

category iii—ammunition
(a) Ammunition for the arms in Categories I and II of this section.

(b) Components, parts, accessories, and attachments for articles in paragraph (a) of this category, including but not limited to cartridge cases, powder bags, bullets, jackets, cores, shells (excluding shotgun shells), projectiles, boosters, fuzes and components therefor, primers, and other detonating devices for such ammunition.

(c)-(d) [Reserved]

Note: Cartridge and shell casings are included under Category III unless, prior to their importation, they have been rendered useless beyond the possibility of restoration for use as a cartridge or shell casing by means of heating, flame treatment, mangling, crushing, cutting, or popping.
The question is would I still need this form if I ordered the primers to someone I know in canada and have them ship it to me via ups or even fed-ex?

With the recent drug ruling.....
About it being unconstitutional.....
To find guilt.....of someone possessing felony drugs in WA, without proof of intent.

Hummmm.......
What if.....
Someone were to be caught "in possession" of primers (or even drugs) brought in from Canada? Think what if.... the package was wrapped like a present.

"Officer.....I got that package from a "Canadian friend" that I met in a bar. He asked me to bring it to WA and to hold it for another friend of his. His friend is supposed to pick it up from me later in the week. The package isn't mine. And, I have no idea what's in the package."

OK, Ok, ok.....I guess it would depend on if that someone were to get caught by the Feds or the WA cops? LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I do get a kick out of gun owners ensuring gun owners follow every tiny bit of any tiny law, at the same time screaming things like "I will not comply" and "Molon Labe"

Go to Canada, buy primers if available like they are in the states, drive home. Most important part...

DON'T POST ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET.

I do get a kick out of gun owners ensuring gun owners follow every tiny bit of any tiny law, at the same time screaming things like "I will not comply" and "Molon Labe"

Go to Canada, buy primers if available like they are in the states, drive home. Most important part...

DON'T POST ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET.

Don't ask....don't tell. :s0123:

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR