JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

category i—firearms
(a) Nonautomatic and semiautomatic firearms, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length, and all components and parts for such firearms.

(b) Automatic firearms and all components and parts for such firearms to caliber .50 inclusive.

(c) Insurgency-counterinsurgency type firearms of other weapons having a special military application (e.g. close assault weapons systems) regardless of caliber and all components and parts for such firearms.

(d) Firearms silencers and suppressors, including flash suppressors.

(e) [Reserved]

Note: Rifles, carbines, revolvers, and pistols, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length are included under Category I(a). Machineguns, submachineguns, machine pistols and fully automatic rifles to caliber .50 inclusive are included under Category I(b).
category ii—artillery projectors
(a) Guns over caliber .50, howitzers, mortars, and recoiless rifles.

(b) Military flamethrowers and projectors.

(c) Components, parts, accessories, and attachments for the articles in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this category, including but not limited to mounts and carriages for these articles.

category iii—ammunition
(a) Ammunition for the arms in Categories I and II of this section.

(b) Components, parts, accessories, and attachments for articles in paragraph (a) of this category, including but not limited to cartridge cases, powder bags, bullets, jackets, cores, shells (excluding shotgun shells), projectiles, boosters, fuzes and components therefor, primers, and other detonating devices for such ammunition.

(c)-(d) [Reserved]

Note: Cartridge and shell casings are included under Category III unless, prior to their importation, they have been rendered useless beyond the possibility of restoration for use as a cartridge or shell casing by means of heating, flame treatment, mangling, crushing, cutting, or popping.

i might fill out the form and go through the process to see what happens

Portland Field Office

1201 NE Lloyd Boulevard, Suite 700
Portland, Oregon 97232 USA View Map

Resident Agent in Charge:
Voice: (503) 331-7820 Fax: (503) 331-7821

(b) Components, parts, accessories, and attachments for articles in paragraph (a) of this category, including but not limited to cartridge cases, powder bags, bullets, jackets, cores, shells (excluding shotgun shells), projectiles, boosters, fuzes and components therefor, primers, and other detonating devices for such ammunition.

i might fill out the form and go through the process to see what happens

Interesting -- I looked at the instructions for the form -- importation for personal use is something the ATF intends to cover with this form (assuming ammo and components are used anonymously):

An unlicensed person may obtain a permit to import sporting type
ammunition (excluding tracer or incendiary) and firearm parts (other than
frames, receivers, or actions) without engaging the services of a Federal
firearms licensee, provided that the importation is for his personal use and not
for resale.

so it sounds like we get approved, drive over buy primers, show approved form while crossing back over the border

sounds easy enough ahhaha

This might be helpful in answering the question of whether an American can buy primers in Canada:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top