JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it looks like that then it is. The trigger group has been moved forward to allow room for a pistol grip and a bullet guide has been added to allow the use of standard AK mags. It also triggers 922r but if for sale at an FFL it should be compliant.

in case you didn't know, Arsenal no longer import AK's, only Bulgarian SLR series. All the Russian AK's are now imported by FIME Group.

tumblr_m79xmafm2E1qdrno0o1_500.jpg

The one in this pic is unconverted in sporting configuration. Trigger and trigger guard need to be moved forward, pistol grip and bullet guide added. The one in this pic has the correct handguards, the one in your pic has the sporting style handguard which IMO looks ugly YMMV. $660 is fair price for the converted model.

tumblr_m79xmafm2E1qdrno0o1_500.jpg

View attachment 76446

The one in this pic is unconverted in sporting configuration. Trigger and trigger guard need to be moved forward, pistol grip and bullet guide added. The one in this pic has the correct handguards, the one in your pic has the sporting style handguard which IMO looks ugly YMMV. $660 is fair price for the converted model.

See now thats the one Im after.
Imported, Its the already half converted "Caesar" model. All thats needed is the lower conversion. Very cool. If saigas came in like that, they'd sell even better!

Yes, $660 CAN be a good deal, but make sure you know who did the conversion.
Not too much can go wrong, but for a little extra cash you could get a factory converted or assembled rifle.

Yes, there is no doubt that the best AK out there is an Arsenal. I've owned about 6 so far, and the Arsenal is one of two that I still own. But I bought mine for half of what they want for one today.

A few articles in Guns & Ammo and poof! Up goes the price. If I were in the market right now, I would take the suggestion and jump on the CAI. There is a big difference having a milled receiver. I can think of only one other AK stamped that puts them all to shame, but you can't find them. Original Hungarian's from 20 years ago. The fit and finish was soooo beautiful.

BUY THE CAI.

Don't forget the rock and shoelace so you can maintain your AK properly...

And don't forget if you buy an AR, make sure you buy and carry at least 3 of them. Since undoubtedly they will always fail you when you need them most, and will need to have an entire extra rifle with you to swap out the catastrophic-failing one. ;)

Two can play your silly games...

I own both, but there is no argument over which platform is more reliable. It's there entire reason companies are now making piston AR's. The AK-47 which was nothing much more than a Russian rip off of the German STG 44, albeit some minor design changes, is the most reliable combat rifle period.

The best AR I own is a masterpiece Black Rain Ordnance. It's just beautiful. My favorite one to shoot is my Bushmaster (I good lucky and have a super tight one). The best AK I own is an Arsenal w/ a milled receiver. My favorite kick around AK is my Chinese, but if called upon in an emergency, the rifle I'm getting is my Arsenal AK-47 and the new East German surplus 30 round magazines.

Romy or Bulgy kits are - right now - great kits to build up if that's the route you want to go. Get yourself a Nodak Spud receiver and you're good-to-go.

Arsenals are nice shooters for sure. I've got a RD-build off an Arsenal rifle and the thing shoots beautifully.

The AK-47 which was nothing much more than a Russian rip off of the German STG 44, albeit some minor design changes, is the most reliable combat rifle period.

Rotating bolt vs. tilting bolt...check.

One lever to control both fire selection and safety vs. two separate switches...check.

Different trigger groups...check.

Different disassembly procedures...check.

Admittedly, both have a long stroke gas piston (just like the Bren and Garand) and a curvy magazine.

Yep, looks like a Russian ripoff to me :rolleyes: .

Keith

mp44_apart_w.jpg

With 7.62x39 still closer to 30 cents a round. I'm considering getting one too for range timebb

Usually can find for less than .25 cents, but 30 isn't bad either. Besides US made 7.62x39 is more or less on-par with domestically made .308/7.62x51 or even .223/5.56 for that matter.

I bring this up because of the chance import ammunition could end up being halted, yes as stupid of a decision that may be. Bureaucrats don't think logically, but having pretty large number of domestic producers is a plus. Although more pricy than say Russian made polymer coated rounds, it's still a viable option to keep some of the pricier US brass cased stuff as well... 5.45 on the other hand, isn't quite so commonly made here in the States, Hornady is the only I can think of off the top. Which they made some decent stuff for a reasonable price, but if that surplus stuff was ganked tomorrow, willing to bet the Hornady 5.45 would jump in price...

Yep it is primarily imported. Which means you best hope Russians or Chinese invade if you want to have the ammo available in SHTF.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top