Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Buying Liberty safe but split on Mechanical or Keypad...

Reactions
I don't know how aware people are with the UL listing on safes, but even an expensive UL listed TL-15 safe only provides 15 minutes worth of protection, according to Underwriters Labs & most folks won't spend that much on a safe. I have 5 safes & none of them is even equal to the TL-15 I mentioned.

Gun Safes-- The difference between RSC's (residential security containers) & Safes Gun Safes: The difference between "Safes" and "RSC's"

Last edited:
Reactions
I don't know how aware people are with the UL listing on safes, but even an expensive UL listed TL-15 safe only provides 15 minutes worth of protection, according to Underwriters Labs & most folks won't spend that much on a safe. I have 5 safes & none of them is even equal to the TL-15 I mentioned.

Gun Safes-- The difference between RSC's (residential security containers) & Safes Gun Safes: The difference between "Safes" and "RSC's"
Probably one of the best if not best quick down and dirty on a rsc vs safe I’ve seen yet.

My safes have a master-key, named "cracker"
In case I forget :D

Regarding longevity in a fire, layer several layers of 5/8" green-board on the exterior.
Keep the cu/ft on the inside as dimensional as can be.
You can't get any better than that.

Five layers of 5/8" rock, bring it!!

Last edited:
Reactions
Depends on your eye sight. I have had electronic even before my eye started going bad and have had no problems yet. 15 year old electronic lock.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online