JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, looking to up my family's long term food storage SOON, we have MRE's and mountain house and the kind of quick on the go food. Looking to put up rice, beans, wheat berrys, and corn. Looking for info on the cheapest place to get them,

It seems everywhere has rice and beans but the other two are difficult to find, maybe someone has any ideas?

Hello, looking to up my family's long term food storage SOON, we have MRE's and mountain house and the kind of quick on the go food. Looking to put up rice, beans, wheat berrys, and corn. Looking for info on the cheapest place to get them,

It seems everywhere has rice and beans but the other two are difficult to find, maybe someone has any ideas?
A local Bishop's Storehouse.

Good point! I'm in Vancouver Washington area!
Ahh, then mayhaps take a planned run to Bob's Red Mill store in Milwaukee some day?

Never been, so can't speak towards what they'd actually have in stock vs picking up there goods from secondary stores.

5000 SE International Way
Milwaukie, OR 97222
Map & Direction

-If you do end up making a run sometime, please post up how it went. Likely other folks on board may be interested.

Edit adding: also consider lentils in your stores. If you enjoy them. If your not sure how the family might take to them, try some for a bit first. Pretty versitile, healthy & could ad another inexpensive option is all.

Last Edited:
Ahh, then mayhaps take a planned run to Bob's Red Mill store in Milwaukee some day?

Never been, so can't speak towards what they'd actually have in stock vs picking up there goods from secondary stores.

5000 SE International Way
Milwaukie, OR 97222
Map & Direction

-If you do end up making a run sometime, please post up how it went. Likely other folks on board may be interested.

Edit adding: also consider lentils in your stores. If you enjoy them. If your not sure how the family might take to them, try some for a bit first. Pretty versitile, healthy & could ad another inexpensive option is all.
I've thought about lentils, haven't committed to them yet as a family we have had a few meals here and there of them, we are going to do split peas for sure. Not a lentil but great for soup!

Best sources are here:
LDS Warehouse. Find one near you and get most of your list.
Second best BULK source is North Bay Trading (Northbaytrading.com). They run a weekly special with 5 to 10% off selected. The specials rotate once a week so generally if you are patient something you are looking for goes on sale. Ther are a great source for beans (many varieties you can't get in the stores), veggies and fruit. Also, wild rice.
The bulk boxes come well package but they are BIG. Ask me how I know. Like in 15 to 20 #10 can size big.

Where is the lids warehouse? Cant find it online

Portland:

OR—Portland

AddressPhone
10420 SE 82nd Ave
Happy Valley, OR 97086
971-230-0770
Schedule *as of May 29, 2019
Tuesday10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
SaturdaysClosed

Edit adding: looks around where Bobs Red Mill is (within a few / 5 miles). Also, if planning a trip to a LDS storehouse, give a call beforehand to double check their open hours. Plandemic & whatnot.

Winco. If you request full bags there is a discount.

Winco. If you request full bags there is a discount.
Winco will sell you in bulk anything in the bulk food aisle. The problem is most of that need to be repacked from the bulk bags. I've done it and it works but it's lots of work and you need to make sure you have all the mylar bags and O2 eaters ready to go. They are not as cheap as they used to be.

BTW if anyone is looking for Mylar bags I do have lots from a case I got years ago. They are still brand new and work great.
I would suggest packing the mylar bags into boxes or buckets as well.

Winco will sell you in bulk anything in the bulk food aisle. The problem is most of that need to be repacked from the bulk bags. I've done it and it works but it's lots of work and you need to make sure you have all the mylar bags and O2 eaters ready to go. They are not as cheap as they used to be.

BTW if anyone is looking for Mylar bags I do have lots from a case I got years ago. They are still brand new and work great.
I would suggest packing the mylar bags into boxes or buckets as well.
I would be interested in the mylar bags. that is my plan with bulk. mylar bags with o2 and sealed in a 5-gallon bucket. what size are yours as well as price?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top