JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know how this works? I know it goes through FFL's AKA dealers but what on average do they charge? Are there any more reputible FFL holders on here that aren't trying to make $50.00 to transfer.
Does the gun get registered for the MAN? Is it usually worth it after shipping, fees etc. I wanted to get a couple SxS's but didn't want to have the seller wait on me while I find a dealer etc. Any ideas and pointers would be great!

Thanks guys!
Dan

Yes

Find a FFL you like. Some charge $10+ the background fee of $10, so $20 total on the low end and the sky is the limit on the high end.

There is no registration in Oregon, but you do go thru a background check if that is what you call the MAN.......

It's can be cheaper if you know what you are doing or can cost more than just buying from a high volume FFL here in Oregon........if you can do math you can determine this :s0155:

Gunbroker is good to use and only buy from folks that have sold 50+ things and have a perfect rating........

Yes

Find a FFL you like. Some charge $10+ the background fee of $10, so $20 total on the low end and the sky is the limit on the high end.

There is no registration in Oregon, but you do go thru a background check if that is what you call the MAN.......

It's can be cheaper if you know what you are doing or can cost more than just buying from a high volume FFL here in Oregon........if you can do math you can determine this :s0155:

Gunbroker is good to use and only buy from folks that have sold 50+ things and have a perfect rating........

Thanks Civil! I don't mind BG checks... I just figured when the stores call it and read off the SN of the guns I buy they're keying it into the system i.e. registration. Guess I need to find a good local FFL. Have a great evening!

If you're around Salem you can hit me up, I run $25 for the transfer, 10 for BG check, 15 for my time.

Sounds good! It's about an hour drive but worth it if I can get the seller to work a little on the price. I'm probably going to buy a couple handguns too. Once I get my settlement money, not much but enough to feed my addiction of boomsticks. :) I will be sure to contact you way ahead of time I even bid. Thanks for the offer! Dan

It does not matter on who you buy it from. When you go through the FFL it will register to the man no matter what. Only way to pick up a gun and not have the man find out is to do a FTF transfer. I have bought a few guns from on line dealers and have not had any issues doing the transfer through local FFLs. Good luck with your purchase:s0155:

If you have a C&R License - you can purchase firearms on online auctions if they fit the requirements for a Curios & Relics firearm.

It is very easy to get a C&R FFL - cost $30 - works great - but the firearm must fit the category for a Curio and Relic.

I've only bid on guns guns that I can pick up locally (won 3 so far) that way I can deal with any discrepancy face to face. This also saves on a local transfer fee and shipping. I've seen too many ads where the product is not what is described and is obvious from the pictures or description, I'd hate to buy something and then have it show up with a hidden (in the ad) defect. Let us know how it works out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top