JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I remember briefly being able to buy and sell airsoft guns on craigslist. That is no longer a thing in the age we live. Politics are the reason. But I'm glad I stubbled on this site. There are a lot of articles people talk about on this site and forms that have questions and answers for people. However reddit is superior in that aspect because the site has a larger reach. People tend to reddit for any sort of answer. Reddit is the goat website right now.

However this site also posts ads for people to connect and buy and sell a fire arms in a private party. If I take any guns to a store or pawn shop I would only get 50% of what the value is. Not only that, the same store would sell it for MSRP and charge way more then a private party would. And on top of that if you buy from a store you would be paying sales tax. So for the people who love guns and for the people who just want to save a buck, we need this site. There are sites like gun broker but because of politics we have to get ffls involved because people buy from different sides from the country. While this site you can meet up with someone who is local, and you can find an ffl in person. Selling online is one of the best things in my generation. I'm able to network effortlessly.

But we need social media and this kind of technology to connect with each other. The laws that are being passed are trying to make it harder to get hands on guns for citizens. If we continue to have bad experiences with buying guns like when someone lowballs us, or prices the gun extremely high. we will have to go to a store instead. The store is pricing things higher too, but at least I keep my dignity. I already cringe at myself spending money on guns, because I need that money for gas and rent I can't afford. So I hope people try to make a group effort to make the gun community stronger.

So how do we stand against the punches that the government throws at us and unit the community with unity? starting off online. If we make an effort to sell guns that are common for 60-85% of MSRP it would help the community out a lot. We want more money then what a store would price us at because that's why we sell private party. But as I buyer I want a discount and a good deal, and prices typically won't get too much lower then that anyways. So as a buyer don't lowball either. Also getting 60-85% of the gun worth is pretty good. We can't really sell for 100% unless its an outlier like something rare. And if I wanted to pay full price I would go to a gun store. But it doesn't talk about the stuff like grips, sights, ect that come with it. Some people throw ammo and things into the mix then it does change up the deal. Ultimately it usually is a good deal because if you were to buy everything after it would save money. however the meat and beans of the deal is the gun. And people have a budget so there should be multiple offers on the table. one with everything, one with the gun only, and everything in between.

I also wish that we didn't make guns a Red party thing. They should be an everyone thing. The LGBQ, first generation Americans, ect. I hate walking into a gun store and meeting some smelly guy nerding out. I wanna be able to walk in a gun store and meet a pretty girl. I wanna be able to walk into a gun store on Sunday and meet a hellbound atheist buying ammo, because he's gonna go shoot some steal. Not every gun owner has a blue stripe on the back of their car. We have to unify with everyone if we want to stop passing these stupid laws. I love teaching someone how to shoot my gun who has never shot a gun before. Its the best feeling, but many people associate guns with the negative controversy. this last part was more of a rant

Welcome aboard and glad you found us! Reddit is bigger, but IMO the folks here are the best. I can't tell you how many times a forum member has offered to help someone in person, loan a tool, demonstrate a technique, donate a part, etc.. There is no finer community.

Anyways, pull up a stump and set a spell. We won't even give you a hard time about not being able to read an analog watch or trying to drive a stick. Before you know it you will be explaining to Gen Alpha what it was like to drive a car that couldn't drive itself or use a smartphone that wasn't an implant with an integrated ocular head's up display.

Welcome aboard and glad you found us! Reddit is bigger, but IMO the folks here are the best. I can't tell you how many times a forum member has offered to help someone in person, loan a tool, demonstrate a technique, donate a part, etc.. There is no finer community.

Anyways, pull up a stump and set a spell. We won't even give you a hard time about not being able to read an analog watch or trying to drive a stick. Before you know it you will be explaining to Gen Alpha what it was like to drive a car that couldn't drive itself or use a smartphone that wasn't an implant with an integrated ocular head's up display.
Yes, welcome to the board. There's a great bunch of folks here, and it's a place you can talk about anything. I even remember a post once where a guy admitted owning a Prius.

What's a Zoomer?
+4! (only clicked the thread to find out wtf a "zoomer" is..)

Soo... why didn't 1, 2, or 3 post it for the rest of us?? 🤣

"blend of (GENERATION) Z and boomer (in BABY BOOMER); earlier, as a name for aging baby boomers who are nonetheless active and technologically sophisticated, blend of ZOOM entry 1 and boomer"

*Clear as mud.....

I've looked at reddit a few times, but from my experience, a wider input audience generally just generates a higher percentage of crap answers. If only 1 in 4 is actually accurate, how the heck does the person that posted the question know which one of the 4 is correct?? 🤣

Welcome to NWFA!

Last Edited:
In AZ guns are private sale but I've heard many widows don't know that guns are no longer private sale in places where they now require transfer by FFL for all sales
OK I thought you meant up here. Sadly we lost that right a few years ago here. I really miss it. All my life would buy stuff, play a while, sell one to buy another. Since I could always pretty much get my money out of what I had it was fun. Now? Selling is a PITA unless you want to really take a hit. So ended up with more damn guns than I have ever owned at one time in my life as its too hard to sell them :(

OK I thought you meant up here. Sadly we lost that right a few years ago here. I really miss it. All my life would buy stuff, play a while, sell one to buy another. Since I could always pretty much get my money out of what I had it was fun. Now? Selling is a PITA unless you want to really take a hit. So ended up with more damn guns than I have ever owned at one time in my life as its too hard to sell them :(
Widow lady prolly doesn't know about registration...
Plus any widow lady that doesn't know about registration has no idea what those old guns are worth is what I've been told

Widow lady prolly doesn't know about registration...
We don't have real registration yet. Although no way I believe the info is not being kept from the transfers. 🤬
Far as some widow selling up here damn. Not sure the damn AG here would not go after even some widow if he got wind of her selling the gun illegally. Even if she had no idea what she was doing. :(

+4! (only clicked the thread to find out wtf a "zoomer" is..)

Soo... why didn't 1, 2, or 3 post it for the rest of us?? 🤣

"blend of (GENERATION) Z and boomer (in BABY BOOMER); earlier, as a name for aging baby boomers who are nonetheless active and technologically sophisticated, blend of ZOOM entry 1 and boomer"

*Clear as mud.....

I've looked at reddit a few times, but from my experience, a wider input audience generally just generates a higher percentage of crap answers. If only 1 in 4 is actually accurate, how the heck does the person that posted the question know which one of the 4 is correct?? 🤣

Welcome to NWFA!
I really like to use reddit however there is a lot of garbage yes. You need to know how to use the right tool for the right job. Reddit is a good resource when looking up specific stuff. just ran into a problem on finding free PDF to Word converters and used reddit for recommendations.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

Pretty sure the only people that make 2A a Red Party thing are the same ones that keep trying to segregate by labeling everyone and everything. 2A as with everything else in the US Constitution, is for Everyone.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top