JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't have my CWP yet. I'm currently living in Washington. I was told 2-4 days waiting time for a background check for the handgun i bought Wednesday ( 2days ago ). Is there any way to speed up the process for me without my CWP? I'd really like to have some range time this weekend to break it in and have some much needed fun. I'f it doesn't go through today then i'll have to get it on Monday or Tuesday and wait till next weekend or even worse two weeks from now till i can find some more time.

By law, an FFL must receive a response from the NICS within 3 days or the firearm sale can proceed, although they are not required to do so. If, after 3 days, the sale is completed and later it is determined the buyer should not have received the firearm, then the firearm must be retrieved. If a buyer is denied the firearm, the buyer can appeal the decision.

Just stumbled upon this. I'f this is true i could get it tomorrow if the background check doesn't come by today... right? I know my background check will come back approved.

Private sale has no wait time, and when you do get your CPL, there is no wait time from shops too... but if you have already done the paper work and waiting on the background check, your just going to have to wait... thats what I did, but now i have my CPL ^_^

The 5 days is max BTW: When you background check comes back clear your FFl can deliver the weapon...if the county you live in actually sends the check back to the dealer as soon as it is done. Best, just do what I did, after holding out for over 35 years, I finially got my CPL. The clincher was 1994 and Lowry's crap.

If you don't have a weapons permit there is a minimum 5 business day wait.So if you buy it Monday you can get it Saturday.
If you purchase it later in the week,you pick it up next week.
I believe Saturday is a business day,so it counts.
That's the minimum without a CPL.And with,it can be up to 3 days

If you don't have a weapons permit there is a minimum 5 business day wait.So if you buy it Monday you can get it Saturday.
If you purchase it later in the week,you pick it up next week.
I believe Saturday is a business day,so it counts.
That's the minimum without a CPL.And with,it can be up to 3 days

You have it a bit wrong...you should go back and read 9.41 again.

The 5 days is a maximum. If the Sheriff notifies the dealer sooner than 5 days, then it is whenever the Sheriff notifies,,,and number of days less than 5 day maximum...if the sheriff does not notify the dealer at the end of 5 days, the FFL can transfer without the written approval. Read (b) (Written notification to dealer from Sheriff) as well as (c) (the 5 days max)

Of course, with a cpl it is minutes, not days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top